Emotions in music.

"Guardian" by Fates Warning from back in the John Arch days.

My mother has M.S. and I remember listening to "Guardian" once when she was totally shut down and unresponsive. We were expecting her to die.

She didn't, she came back.

Listening to that song in that situation really unlocked the emotions in it for me. I can feel them in his voice.

That was over 10 years ago. I still can't listen to that song with breaking down.

I was completely blown away the first time I heard the Jurassic Park OST.
It fits so perfect to the images, in fact I still get chills everytime I listen to it.

9ABFB51F8391C456ED3DA2A07562643B.jpg

They needn't be sad, happy, melancholy, moving... nuthin' -- any and all really, really well written / performed pieces of music have the potential for making me tear up, both because I'm happy that something so good exists in this world and because I'm sad I had nothing to do with its creation. :worship::cry: S'truth. There are tissues within three feet of every set of speakers in my life. :lol:

That said, there's this one bit in ELO's "Fire On High" where the guitar melody ends with a note that cuts off juuuuust before it goes into feedback. That always does me in, guaranteed.

The solo on "crazy Train" by Randy rhoads. The tribute (Live) version, best fucking solo in the planet, in fact his entire perfomance of the song,
Just hear the solo, you´ll feel goosebumps

I've heard Pavarotti's version and didn't really think or feel much towards it but I'll be damned if this bloke called Paul Potts didn't grab my heart and shake it.

Even after watching this so many times it still gets me.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're no different by Ozzy, not so much the the entire lyrics but the chorus because when I was 13 my father died from cancer and he was really conscious about losing his hair, etc and the combo of the chorus and music just had a powerful effect