Emperor tribute party

Sonm

Curse You All Men...
Aug 14, 2002
It's rather popular to do things like that in Russia. Guys who like a particular band just gather together to play songs of that band and to have a lot of fun!
This time we offered to make a tribute to Emperor party. If it will take place we'll be playing
1) I am the black wizards 2) Curse you all men 3) With strength I burn 4) An elegy of Icaros 5) The Loss and the Curse of the Reverence 6) The Wanderer

I am dying to play my fav songs. This band hath influenced us a lot! I was wondering... is it usual to play cover songs in Europe?

Not so much here... There are some tribute bands (mostly AC/DC cover bands actually) but established bands (besides Dream Theater) don't do that much as far as I know... Great idea actually, my band used to cover "I am the black wizards" as well, amazing song !!! I AM THEM !!! :)

I dunno how common it is here in the states, but that selist if awesome. If you have this party you should try to record the songs and then let us have the mp3 vervions. Or release them as a bonus disk or something.

I think we'll do that anyway... just need a certain amount of band to join us. I'm not sure it's a good idea to record it for people to buy it... I mean we do it for our own pleasure and even if we r gonna videorecord it everything will be home quality - unnoficial just for our friends. So we'll see how it goes:)))
Maybe this year I manage to see Emperor live (if those rumours about them are true). Let's hope for the best. I've seen Opeth twice, I've seen My Dying Bride three times now the only thing which is left is Emperor... and then... then my list of what bands I'd like to see live will become one position shorter :)))

Well, the trip to WOA has took its place. And now, after this awesome fest especially of Emperor`s gig i have to say that it`s very difficult to find bands in Russia playing even close like bands in Europe... So the tribute party is not cOMINg soon.

Having read the post of A Trace Of Blood, I wonder whether you met at the WOA any members of UM forums, guys?