EMPEROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

karpsmom

May 25, 2005
New Jersey, USA
I just got back from seeing them at BB Kings (NYC)!!!! FRIGGIN AMAZING!!!!!!! Samoth wasn't there though, he didn't make it through customs, but WOW, WHAT A DREAM, to see a god of music, Ihsahn, right in front of me no farther than a foot away. Trym is a fucking robot, he MUST be, he plays with a totallly straight face, never looks tired, hardly breaks a sweat, just PLAYS, RIDICULOUSLY FAST. It was incredible, I don't remember the order, or the whole, setlist, but I remember most of it.

Ye Entrancemperium
Thus Spake The Nightspirit
The Loss & Curse Of Reverence
With Strength I Burn
In The Wordless Chamber
Curse You All Men!
An Elegy For Icarus
Into The Infinity Of Thoughts
The Burning Shadows Of Silence
I Am Black Wizards

That's all I remember right now. Tomorrow I'm seeing them again! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

It wasn't filmed, they were confiscating any cameras that were filming, photos were allowed though, I don't know where any are online yet though

I'll be there tonight as well. That sucks about Samoth. I know Dissection has plans to play a little later, and if Samoth couldn't get in I don't see how Jon would.

George said:
I'll be there tonight as well. That sucks about Samoth. I know Dissection has plans to play a little later, and if Samoth couldn't get in I don't see how Jon would.

Yea, they're playing September 6th, that's a really good point! I hope they play, or at least, I hope the show happens regardless of them playing since Unexpect is opening the show!!!!!!!!!!!

So was it just Ihsahn on guitars? or did Secthdamon play guitar for Samoth instead of bass? I don't see how Emperor could play their songs properly without the use of two guitars.

It was just Ihsahn on guitar. Don't worry about it, Ihsahn handled everything perfectly, it was hardly noticeable that there was only one guitar. During the first song the guitar and vocals weren't loud enough, but they raised them after.

Samoth couldn't get through customs because they thought his Zyklon patch suggested he was smuggling toxic gas into the US.

It kills me that I had to miss these shows due to bad weather and very high gas prices, but I am proud to say I have seen Emperor live once in my life. Maybe Samoth will want to do another Emperor tour so he can actually play with the band next time. Im sure Ihsahn handled his duties with the highest skill... that dude can play some damn guitars.

Erik Tiwaz said:
It's been done before, in Montreal in 1999, when Canadian authorities barred Samoth from entering Canada.

Hmm I think 9/11 changed the states alot, if you have the slightest scratch on your record it takes a long time to get clearance inside the USA now. A Band like Gorgoroth would have really hard problems getting inside the USA,anyway thanks for the Emperor fact I did not know this about Samoth.

:kickass: :headbang:

I remember several dates of Halford's last tour in 2002 or so were postponed because Rob couldn't get his visa cleared. So stupid... :mad:

haha, fucking Gorgoroth, they NEVER come to the USA. I wonder if Satyricon will ever be back after the rape charges put again their tour guitarists last tour. I missed them because of that shit since the tour ended early :(.

Well, I just got back from Emperor number 2! FUCKGIN AWESOME, same setlist as yesterday, I took some photos, but I was farther away then yesterday, so they aren't supe amazing pics. I'll post them soon.

karpsmom said:
haha, fucking Gorgoroth, they NEVER come to the USA. I wonder if Satyricon will ever be back after the rape charges put again their tour guitarists last tour. I missed them because of that shit since the tour ended early :(.

Well, I just got back from Emperor number 2! FUCKGIN AWESOME, same setlist as yesterday, I took some photos, but I was farther away then yesterday, so they aren't supe amazing pics. I'll post them soon.

was Samoth there? I heard that barely anybody showed up at the signing session?