EMPEROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

n26000618_30276773_8907.jpg

I mean, I went to the signing :).

The line snaked around through some of the store, so I'd say the turnout was rather good. My friend and I were eating at some deli next to the Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square, and Ihsahn walked right past the store. I was being a fat-ass, so I kept eating my sandwich, while my friend took off and got a picture with Ihsahn. I regret not going, but then again, I didn't want to harass him while he was out and about.

I "borrowed" one of the setlist sheets when the show was over, so here's the official list of the second night:
Intro(Nightside)
Intro the Infinity of Thoughts
The Burning Shadows of Silence
Cosmic Keys
Thus Spoke The Night Spirit
An Elegy of Icaros
Curse You All Men (being in the front for this song was rugged)
With Strength I Burn
Towards the Pantheon
Majesty Of The Night Sky
Loss And Curse of Reverence
In the wordless Chamber
Inno A Satana
Opus A Satana Pt. I (Outro)

Well worth 10 hours of driving

wow! thanx for the info Ekk! Was it just Trym and Ihsahn at the signing session? or including the session members? Did they limit how many items to be signed? hope not lol.

Yes, just Trym and Ihsahn were at the signing. They had a small entourage follow them in, some of them had cameras, etc. The official word was if you wanted a personalized poster, you had to buy something from that Border's, but when the band came out this guy just handed out posters to people in line, so I got a few extra and got a personalized poster for everyone in my band >=D. Ihsahn and Trym were really cool about it, too, but the Border's people weren't so happy. I finally purchased Prometheus at the store, so they signed that, my ticket, and I got a personalized poster. Well worth the wait (and the walk from Time's Square). I noticed they both had their glasses on, so I put mine on as well for the picture. Lame? Perhaps...

karpsmom said:
haha, fucking Gorgoroth, they NEVER come to the USA. I wonder if Satyricon will ever be back after the rape charges put again their tour guitarists last tour. I missed them because of that shit since the tour ended early :(.

I heard recently that Frost has been cleared to enter the US after being banned for a while, and Satyr said in interviews that he will be touring America as soon as possibe. Satyricon were here not too long ago with Slipknots drummer Joey Jordison, but when and if they come on tour here soon, they will probably have a new guitarist. I personaly would like to see Satyr play guitar on stage live, but he never does... probably so he can concentrate on the vocals 100%.

I would love to see Gorgoroth live, they have insane shows with crucifixions and lots of bloody cut up animal heads... cool stuff.

Alteredmindeath said:
I would love to see Gorgoroth live, they have insane shows with crucifixions and lots of bloody cut up animal heads... cool stuff.

yeah thats right with satyr I dont know why he cant do both things..but the gorgoroth stuff...dude how old are you?:lol:

anyway thx for the emperor news

Alteredmindeath said:

i think they had the crucifixion and stuff only for the dvd recording. when i saw them live in slovenia i thought they are going to have dead gotas and crap but they didn't. they just went on the stage, played songs and went of the stage. no communication with public or any encore... and gaahl is very funny with his true kvlt black metal posing on the stage. no matter how true they are, they suck at playing live.

:)

solefald: but the gorgoroth stuff...dude how old are you?

I am old enough to enjoy Gorgoroths music and shows, I enjoy this form of entertainment do you have a problem with that!!! :mad:

That Celtic Frost tour is going to rule!! Im going for sure, especially to finally see Frost play live for 1349, and of course the legends Celtic Frost that is going to be awesome.

Sucks because I don't get off until after 7 pm for the signing tomorrow and didn't find out about it until after I could ask for the time off. :mad:

Oh well, I'm leaving in a few minutes for the show. See those of you there that are going!

lucifer1126 said:
oh yea, for those who went to the NY shows. What time did Emperor start? and around when did they end?
The show started earlier than I expected, at around 7:15. Emperor (finally) came on stage at around 9:30-9:45. They played until shortly before 11pm because there was a show after the Emperor show (what kind of blasphemy is that?!).

Vargrim said:
i think they had the crucifixion and stuff only for the dvd recording. when i saw them live in slovenia i thought they are going to have dead gotas and crap but they didn't. they just went on the stage, played songs and went of the stage. no communication with public or any encore... and gaahl is very funny with his true kvlt black metal posing on the stage. no matter how true they are, they suck at playing live.

:)

WHere can one acquire this Gorgoroth DVD?