Emperor

Originally posted by Smekermann

TO EACH THEIR OWN, LITTLE MAN!

Seriously, though, you can't even call Prometheus "Norwegian black metal". It's way beyond that. It has almost nothing reminescent of that in it, save a few passages and maybe Thorns on my Grave, which is one of the only straight-forward black metal songs on it.

And Misanthrope: you don't liek black metal? lol. ur dumb. BUT I GUESS THAT'S NO NEWS TO YOU!!!

Maybe if you get your head out of your ass ( is that why your title is poopoo head, or are you just as dumb as the "poopoo" you post? ) you could understand music and art, and not just cult following and blind fanatism.

Originally posted by MacMoney
Prometheus is so pretentious that it hurts. Technicality for technicality's sake is not good.

If it was meant to be pretentious, it failed miserably. Go listen to Dream Theater if you want a definition of pretentious, hell is not even that technical. You see there is a very complex and obscure forumla that says complex doesnt equals or even requires technical.

But as i said, if they wanted to make a pretentious album they failed miserably.

guys... what is this thread all about? "you-suck-i-rule" template? Let us all say: "Emperor sucks!" feel better? I respect the band and although I have much to say to you, I won't do it, because I consider you too small to understand. Stay with your opinion, but please don't make posts which make no sense, like "this album sucks". Or "Anthems" album's sound is poor. You are just making fun of yourselves. Never heard so much bullshit.

There is much music in this world which many people can't understand. Almost every Emperor's song suits this case. And if you can't understand music, better don't start arguing about it at all. Because your arguments like "it miserably failed" or "it sucks" or "the sounds is bad" etc are pathetic. Every album has its own year, and you have to listen to it in the year of its production, or you will get it wrong, because metal evolves. Nice to know that you know the names of the band members, but it doesn't make you look clever, everyone can see their names on the cd-cover.

"Anthems" is one of the greatest epic black metal influences ever done, Emperor were one of the best at that time, considering quality of sound, technical side and lyrics. They have always been the most advanced blackers.

Beginning from Equilibrium, they started to get away from the common black metal stereotype and less and less people began to understand their creations. The album is outstanding, as well as Prometheus. Spend much time trying to understand the complex music and lyrics, and only then you are welcome to discuss anything, and be friendly please, for noone likes to argue with an idiot who only says "this sucks, that rules".

Besides, there is nothing as dumb as comparing two bands to each other. How can you compare two bands?! This is nonsense. There are no bands which are similar enough to be compared. Even if you take Dimmu Borgir and Dragonlord, for example. Or other similar-sounding bands. It is simply silly.

And one thing more: try to respect every band, if YOU don't like it, it doesn't mean that it "plays shit" or "sucks" - the guys from the band know for sure that YOU don't like it, they are just making music for their fans, not for YOU.

I can continue this conversation as long as I wish, but I don't wish to continue no more. I won't reply to any flaming posts below, so don't waste your time. Only if you have something essential to say - you are welcome.

Originally posted by Deviant Mind
guys... what is this thread all about? "you-suck-i-rule" template? Let us all say: "Emperor sucks!" feel better? I respect the band and although I have much to say to you, I won't do it, because I consider you too small to understand. Stay with your opinion, but please don't make posts which make no sense, like "this album sucks". Or "Anthems" album's sound is poor. You are just making fun of yourselves. Never heard so much bullshit.

There is much music in this world which many people can't understand. Almost every Emperor's song suits this case. And if you can't understand music, better don't start arguing about it at all. Because your arguments like "it miserably failed" or "it sucks" or "the sounds is bad" etc are pathetic. Every album has its own year, and you have to listen to it in the year of its production, or you will get it wrong, because metal evolves. Nice to know that you know the names of the band members, but it doesn't make you look clever, everyone can see their names on the cd-cover.

"Anthems" is one of the greatest epic black metal influences ever done, Emperor were one of the best at that time, considering quality of sound, technical side and lyrics. They have always been the most advanced blackers.

Beginning from Equilibrium, they started to get away from the common black metal stereotype and less and less people began to understand their creations. The album is outstanding, as well as Prometheus. Spend much time trying to understand the complex music and lyrics, and only then you are welcome to discuss anything, and be friendly please, for noone likes to argue with an idiot who only says "this sucks, that rules".

Besides, there is nothing as dumb as comparing two bands to each other. How can you compare two bands?! This is nonsense. There are no bands which are similar enough to be compared. Even if you take Dimmu Borgir and Dragonlord, for example. Or other similar-sounding bands. It is simply silly.

And one thing more: try to respect every band, if YOU don't like it, it doesn't mean that it "plays shit" or "sucks" - the guys from the band know for sure that YOU don't like it, they are just making music for their fans, not for YOU.

I can continue this conversation as long as I wish, but I don't wish to continue no more. I won't reply to any flaming posts below, so don't waste your time. Only if you have something essential to say - you are welcome.

You really need to read everything before typing random political correctness bullshit. I said that IF they were atempting to do something technical for the shake of being technical they failed misery because
a)Is not technical, Spiral architect is a "technical for the shake of being technical" band, Prometheus aint
b)I sincerely doubt they atempted to do something technical, it is my personal opinion that they atempted to do something complex wich is a whole different thing. Its like saying Damage Done is technical, it is not, its just complex.

Of all the people you were flaming i am among the ones that was making the same fucking point you are trying to make with your huge rant about "Debians Posting for dummies" thing, maybe you should take "Misanthrope's reading-and-understanding-everyone's-point for dummies" before flaming the wrong people

Hrm, personally I always thought that power metal embodied pretentiousness, or maybe Bal-Sagoth...

In any case, I'm going back on my word and posting again. I do like Emperor's earlier stuff more that Prometheus, but I think that's just personal preference. I believe that they tried to be more technical on Prometheus, but I don't believe that they went for the 'technicality for technicality's sake' approach. Its simply a bit of a different sound from previous albums. I'm kinda biased though, as I still think Anthems is one of the best (if not best) albums Emperor has done, and that Grey, based on lyrics alone, should not have been a black metal song, or at least that the heavyness and growls didn't do it justice... but thats enough from me.

~Kovenant

Originally posted by phyre
And hey, why look to Dream Theater for a definition of pretension? LOOK URESELF IN THE MIRROR OMG LOL!!!!!!!!11 FAG STFU

Have i even mentioned my music or my band at all here? Are any of you even aware that i have a band? You really dont know how to trow childish personal insults, please step aside and leave that for us the pro's

Misanthrope, listen. When I say -- in a perfectly polite manner -- that I think the earlier stuff was better, then you with your utterly miniscule knowledge of black metal should basically either shut the fuck up, or in a similarly polite manner respond with your thoughts if you want. You're being a total fuckhead without reason.

Hehehe, im glad you kept up your hypocritical political correctness, oh thats right, on your immediate next post, YOU DIDNT.

And just so you know even mentioning my knowledge of black metal proves my point. I dont listen to genres, i dont listen to history, i listen to MUSIC. Prometheus is more appealing to me than any of their previous works. I wouldnt ( and usually dont ) have a problem with people who find other things better for a pure aesthetic point of view. But you managed to prove that music has little to nothing to do with your reasons, you rather take an elitist stand and diminish the point of view of any outsider.

When you come out of the little forest of your avatar and decide to leave in the real world, im shure somebody will teach you about this strange subjects as "aesthetic appeal" where racional open minded people dont listen to genres and in fact listen to music and whatever they find appealing.

Originally posted by Smekermann

wow, not only did you fucking mutilate that flame, you started spewing shit about Dark Tranquility sucking now? What the fuck? If you don't like a band or an album, you need to take your shit somewhere else, and not post about it on the band's official forum, you fucking dickhead.

By the way, Prometheus rocks, no matter what you may say. "Too pretentious"? Whatever man, take a look at yourself sometime before accusing someone else of being too pretentious. And your bullshit about Prometheus being too technical for its own good is exactly that: BULLSHIT. Go listen to Dream Theater, which you are apparently a big fan of, you dick.

A few points

a) I hate dream theater, i only listen to 2 or 3 songs often for guitar exercise pruposes.

b) I love the new DT album and i think that DT has grown to be increasingly better throughout the years.

c) I dont think Prometheus is pretentious at all, I do not consider the album technical but i DO consider it COMPLEX wich is a GOOD THING since neither prometheus nor damage done focus only on the complex element of it.

Read slowly and carefully next time.

Originally posted by Misanthrope
I dont get people sometimes. I despise 90% of all black metal yet prometheus is one of my favorite albums ever, yet i see every black metal fan out there flaming it beyond recognition. Its just a damn asome album whenever they left behind their old style or not, that same hatred for emperor i see in some of is rather less or non existant when you take a band like DT and projector for example, otherwise you guys wouldnt even post here to begin with.

I state how i think some people here flame prometheus and emperor because of prometheus yet they do not flame DT when in fact they did the same thing.

Its not David Blaine, if you want magic get high and shut the fuck up. Leave us crazy maniacs who actually enjoy music without looking for crap is not there and that never was there to begin with alone.

I was directing that to phyre since his previous post was completly valid until he mentioned the entire black metal genre getting into an elitism posture.

Maybe if you get your head out of your ass ( is that why your title is poopoo head, or are you just as dumb as the "poopoo" you post? ) you could understand music and art, and not just cult following and blind fanatism.

That was directed to you because you mention how i do not like black metal for the most part, you say "to each its own" at the beginning on your message and then you flame me because i dont enjoy most black metal bands? so to each its own only applies to grim idiots like yourself or am i missing some other stupid minor thing?

If it was meant to be pretentious, it failed miserably. Go listen to Dream Theater if you want a definition of pretentious, hell is not even that technical. You see there is a very complex and obscure forumla that says complex doesnt equals or even requires technical.

But as i said, if they wanted to make a pretentious album they failed miserably.

So i said that prometheus is not a prententious album and that it is my personal opinion that it was never meant to be pretentious or even technical, and that if that was their intention then they didnt acomplished what their tried cause its not pretentious or technical music. Is just complex music with a lot of elements, none of wich are difficult to perform in anyway individually. THAT is technical, and they techniques used to play their instruments on the music of that album is not hard to achieve.

I can go on but i dont think i need to, i fail to see when did i stated the lies you put in me.

Look what i have created :eek: hehe

Listen i dont care if u like Emperor or not OR if u think some of there albums are NOT black metal enough , or Prometheus is not technical , what ever. I dont care, thats your Op. And this is mine.

Emperor has grown to be the best Black Metal Band. You cannot appercaite Emperor unless u know the elements that are in every song/album... It is a saga , and every song say's something about the upcoming album. If u read Prometheus lyrics u will see it talks about a journey / knowladge / the end.

The sound production on their old Cds was very bad. But listen to Emperial Live Ceremony and u will forever bow.

They are great muscians. Trym is one hell of a amazing drummer.

Some people understand Emperor Some dont. What ever you chose , does not offend me.

Keep in mind we are all true metal heads here. If ya want shit convo's about shit bands go to yahoo metal chat. And you will be thankful that UltimateMetal forum is here. Be respectful.

Im not a true metalhead, and i see your points. I just dont think that i should get flamed because i like prometheus more than any other emperor record, nor do i think everyone should say i shouldnt like prometheus if i dont like the older cds as much ( or at all ), i am a fan of musical progression but sometimes im not a huge fan of how bands start. I think some people over react to the fact that i state im not a black metal fan.

I think it's great they quit with SOME musical integrity and honour left, unlike some other bands *COUGH*INFLAMES*COUGH*.

I agree and unlike some other bands *COUGH*DARKTRANQUILLITY*COUGH*.