Enchant Acoustic

ebass

Bottom Line
Sep 17, 2002
Nor Cal
enchant.nu
OK another one of those just curious to hear what everyone thinks threads?

If we did an acoustic set what would you most want to hear acoustic or unplugged? Like ten songs or so?

well..............i'd have to say............

The Thirst
Below zero
Foundations
Break
Paint the picture
What to Say
Seeds of Hate
Monday
Long way Down

okay those are my recommendations Ed. It looks like i chose a few heavier/harder songs---I think it would sound great to take a heavy song such as Break and turn it around to the other end of the spectrum and really sound different.

So this means an upcoming show? You said on the east coast right? just kidding, i know how it is. But nonetheless, i'd love to see you guys play any of your songs again in any shape or form.

Ed, i think you were excluded from the few acoustic songs i remember from Imusicast :cry: , well, no reason you cant 'unplug' a bass and maybe give Sean some sedatives :Smug: , well, maybe not..............what about a stand-up bass- it could work---i can't picture it somehow tho.

How bout some bongos.............................. :err: okay, just kidding about that too.

=Aaron=

"Bottom Line" :D ------- lol

I'd think it would be cool to do some acoustic stuff. Especially with some surprises, and not so obvious choices.

--Blind Sided
--Sinking Sand
--Break
--Fade 2 Gray
--Hostile World
--At Death's Door
--Comatose
--Follow the Sun
--Look Away

--dan

Oh crap.... another 'easy' topic to tackle... :D

But a great one so I'm gonna take a shot:

Obvious Choices:
Enchanted (love the version on BOTW)
Pure
Comatose
Look Away

Others:
In The Dark (would kick major ass)
Colors Fade (seems perfect for acoustic version)
Foundations (I think this would be SWEET!)
At Death's Door
Seeds of Hate
My Gavel Hand
Under Fire (I think this would be very cool)
Interact

....I ended up with 12.... oh well, I tried!! :headbang:

So Ed - this topic going to result in anything tangible ala the COVER thread?...

C'mon man, spill it!:heh:

Comatose (perhaps a real stripped-down version with loads of piano)
My Everafter
Under Fire (need some aggression)
Follow the Sun
What to Say
My Enemy
My Gavel Hand
Look Away
The Thirst
Acquaintance

The material from the Ed-less era (Break and J9) would be suited best for an acoustic set... mostly because I wouldn't be deprived of his thumpin' bass! :p
Anyhoo, I can imagine "King" and "The Lizard" sounding really cool, also "Once a Week", d'oh. "Bite my Tongue" (with some flamin' Flamenco action by Los Enchantos!) should prove interesting as well. "Black Eyes and Broken Glass" with just Ted singing and playing the acoustic was sooo much better than on the album.

It's really hard to choose just ten tunes...there isn't an Enchant song I don't like! However, I feel that acoustic renditions of the following might sound amazing! (in no particular order)

Surrounded
Comatose
What To Say
At Death’s Door (with piano)
Flat Line
Blindsided
My Enemy
Catharsis
Armour
Under Fire

Burke said:
Oh crap.... another 'easy' topic to tackle... :D

But a great one so I'm gonna take a shot:

Obvious Choices:
Enchanted (love the version on BOTW)
Pure
Comatose
Look Away

Others:
In The Dark (would kick major ass)
Colors Fade (seems perfect for acoustic version)
Foundations (I think this would be SWEET!)
At Death's Door
Seeds of Hate
My Gavel Hand
Under Fire (I think this would be very cool)
Interact

....I ended up with 12.... oh well, I tried!! :headbang:

So Ed - this topic going to result in anything tangible ala the COVER thread?...

C'mon man, spill it!:heh:

Dave

No plans at this time or anything to spill buddy. Just wanting to get some input from the best source! And from what I have seen it looks like some very interesting choices? stuff we might not even think about?

We would love to do this though? we have talked about it? Never rule anything out with us :)

ebass said:
Dave

No plans at this time or anything to spill buddy. Just wanting to get some input from the best source! And from what I have seen it looks like some very interesting choices? stuff we might not even think about?

We would love to do this though? we have talked about it? Never rule anything out with us :)

Ed - Are you planning an EAST coast swing?

A guy can hope, right? :wave:

My Ten:

Colors Fade (Loved the way Doug sang the a woo hoo keyboard part)
Acquaintance
What to Say
Comatose
Long Way Down
Defenseless
Blindsided
Distractions
Nighttime Sky
Sinking Sand (Dont think it would work acoustically, but just love the song)

Jim

Ed would you guys prepare something special for us ? Like a whole acoustic album for instance that would rock ! :worship:

I would actually vote for :

Under Fire
Pure
Catharsis
Interact
Flat Line
Follow The Sun
See No Evil (Man I'd kill to hear this one unplugged)
Paint The Picture
Blindsided
Beautiful
Comatose (although I think this song takes all its dimension in the plugged in version)

jjmannford said:
My Ten:

Colors Fade (Loved the way Doug sang the a woo hoo keyboard part)
Acquaintance
What to Say
Comatose
Long Way Down
Defenseless
Blindsided
Distractions
Nighttime Sky
Sinking Sand (Dont think it would work acoustically, but just love the song)

Jim

----the "a woo hoos" by Doug, yes! , you recall, that sounded really great. He really nailed that somber tone. That song acoustically really was something to remember. Beautiful stuff.

Or was it "Colors Fade to Follow Under the Gray Sun" :p

-Aaron-

Mae Dae said:
It's really hard to choose just ten tunes...there isn't an Enchant song I don't like! However, I feel that acoustic renditions of the following might sound amazing! (in no particular order)

Surrounded
Comatose
What To Say
At Death’s Door (with piano)
Flat Line
Blindsided
My Enemy
Catharsis
Armour
Under Fire

Ed, even if you guys didn't do a live acoustic set, a cd of acoustic tunes would rock! Please, please, please give this to us :worship:

Mae Dae said:
Ed, even if you guys didn't do a live acoustic set, a cd of acoustic tunes would rock! Please, please, please give this to us :worship:

Hey no plans for any East or other Coast swings at all, and this would be cool possibly someday if there was enough intrest I imagine. I have no scoop I just play the bass :cool:

However the feeback recieved is most often very valuable because you guys rule :Spin:

NP Blackbird, Jaco

:headbang:

-My Everafter
-Pure
-Below Zero
-Monday
-New Moon
-At Death's Door (Would be hard but I would love to hear what you would come up with for the intro)
-Seeds of Hate
-Look Away
-What to Say
-Hostile World
-Progtology :D

Ok, since only Ze Dan voted for Beautiful to be included, I would make my ten songs from a re-mix of Beautiful, repeated over and over. That's one of the best songs Enchant ever made, along with Sinking Sand, Acquaintance or Paint the Picture, and I really believe it's been so underrated. Add ten votes to Beautiful, then. :D

|ng (Beautiful himself)

Mae Dae said:

I was listening to Time Lost yesterday (it had been a while since I pulled that one out), and had forgotten how great that collection of songs really is!

I would love to hear acoustic renditions of New Moon (I have always loved Doug's solo....it would be great to hear how it would come off on an acoustic) and Foundations.

Oh man, that would awesome. Let's see...

Pure
Colors Fade
What to Say (come on, you gotta do this one live at least once!)
Know That (can't have one without the other)
Nighttime Sky
Acquaintance
Follow the Sun (this one's important)
Ultimate Gift
Broken Wave

Man, I could go on for days, but all of those would be awesome. Also, maybe throw in a harder rocking song, like "Under Fire" or "Tug of War", just for something unexpected.

And Ed, if you're asking us this, it has to actually happen. No empty promises, dude. ;)