Enchanted Oberhausen

DocProg

TheThoughtCounts
Oct 27, 2004
Germany
:worship:
Enchant rocked the house once again. With high-flying expectations I arrived on my FZ-1 after a hot ride on the motorway at a not too promising venue (from the outside). But that was only first sight judgment. In fact, this place was the ideal last stop for my favourite band. From the first song the boys enchanted us and the proverbial spark lit up the crowd.

As an owner of the DVD we knew what we could expect this time, a set covering all of the albums. The left out the acoustic session, but they played a "Songs, we'll probably never be playing again"-medley.

Doug seemed to have the "usual" problems with his gear (being a perfectionist this sucks, but don't be angry with your crew, shit happens :D ) and this and that gadget but played a marvellous set, almost perfect. The guitar sound was clear and fat. The solos and the sync'd playing with Ted were gems. And Doug found out what "plug your ear" really means. :headbang:

Ted is having the time of his life as a singer. This was nothing less than a perfect performance. :worship: You touched us all with your words, especially in "What to say" and "Pure". This voice IS a gift.

Ed slapped an awfully phat bass once again and seemed to really have a good time. The solo was... :worship: thank you man, you and Sean "got rhythm" (no offense to the others) and you have a presence on stage unlike most bass players. :headbang:

Bill has really become "the keys" of Enchant, from where I was (left stage) I sometimes couldn't hear him too well, but in Comatose it was perfect. Solid performance.

Sean once again played a flawless set, he has so much energy and the way he is smiling at full speed makes it all look so easy, but man drumming isn't easy at all. You would deserved a better lighting though, they kept you "in the dark" :D

And thank you all again for being so kind as to come and see your fans after the show. I really enjoyed talking to you although my mind went blank once again. I could have asked many things...but 'how do I put it', 'will it sound ridiculous' or 'are they gonna laugh' stopped me. :yell:

I might be wrong, but I think the band REALLY enjoyed their last concert in Europe. The crowd was delighted to have you here...

:wave:

That was indeed one fantastic concert!! Great sound, great audience, the band tight as hell, very nice venue. The 2 hours until the encores went by in the blink of an eye, I could have sworn it was only 1 hour. Wow. Great setlist again.
It was great having some smalltalk with the band . Here's a pic of me with Ed - hope you don't mind posting it. I mean, you look not very attractive in this one (the eyes...), but it was great talking to you.
Again, it's fantastic how the whole band is there for fans. :headbang:

Juergen_Ed_small.jpg

Oh, and it was great to meet Thomas from InsideOut. I love the label and the work they do!

Wow, I think I used the word "great" very often. But it's true. :Spin:

Hope to see you guys again next year or whenever! I'll be there.

Jürgen