End of Level Boss - Prologue

Krilons Resa

Jerry's married?!
Nov 7, 2002
Inside dorian's gym bag.
eolb_cover.jpg

Harry “Hangnail” Armstrong possesses one of the best voices currently in the heavy music spectrum and when Hangnail pulled the plug, it truly bummed me out. What a great band and stands tall as contemporaries of the vital first wave of Rise Above bands such as Orange Goblin, Electric Wizard, Sheavy and Mourn. The good ol’ days, some would say. Including me, actually.

So ol’ Harry took various members of Hangnail, Flood, Centurion’s Ghost and Flood and patched together what is undoubtedly a darker, moodier, heavier and more progressive band than the more straight-forward 70’s hard rock vibe of Heck’s previous employer. I’ll go out on a limb and predict some seriously good things will happen for EOLB based on only two things – Number one, the songs…all the songs… on Prologue demand your ears. It’s dark, mysterious, often hypnotic with sudden swerves in meter, tone and sheer heaviness (dig “Vivid” for an example of “Heaviness”), sometimes employing Middle Eastern scales for an added exotic vibe. The second is Heck’s larynx. When he goes off and lets that voice roar on “disjointed”, I’m reminded of Robert Plant on the first Led Zep album and Chris Cornell on the early Soundgarden stuff. As a matter of fact, Prologue would fit very friggin’ nicely between Louder Than Love and Badmotorfinger in tone and tenor.

I’m really excited about this one. There is an air of passion that surrounds EOLB that’s hard to pin down; the mysterious X factor and uniqueness in musical endeavor that separates the good from the great. This has serious potential for a landmark release that would not only be good for the band, but for a scene that really needs a boost.

Chris Barnes - Hellride Music

http://www.hellridemusic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7599

-----------------------------------

NAD, I believe that I sent you a sample of these dudes a few months back along with Hangnail songs. This stuff is fucking ridiculously good!! Harry is one of the best vocalist around these days as well. :worship::worship::worship:

damn that shit got pretty intense at the end, i'll probably pick this up.

if it was still 109 degrees during the day i'd've totally homer-dialed a purchase by now.

nice heavy metuhl pic on the board there Doomy...all you're missing is the hair :loco:

this shit's right up my alley :)

you guys ever gonna let me go a while without discovering something else i have to buy?

metal archives owns me!

i need to find a hot bassist chick so we can slap each other into oblivion.

when I worked at Toys R Us, the check processing machines had this note on them about "Do not accept checks from Christoper Barnes"

and I was like .. so is that Chris Barnes or Chris Barnes, I bet it's Chris Barnes.

Turns out it was Christopher Barnes

Chromatose said:
when I worked at Toys R Us, the check processing machines had this note on them about "Do not accept checks from Christoper Barnes"

I worked there too. :loco: Is that where you met ct_thrash? :tickled: