End Of The World?

Ahhh!! Everyone look out! My dog just disappeared! Get off the planet while you can! *fuzzy noises* -boing-*static* ..-Governer Spleen c--... Macaroni..

*end transmission*

haha the risk of creating a black hole is 1 in 50 million, and even if it did, it would just break up into nothing again, the test was a success were fine :p

Hahahaha I love the neverending stream of end of the world garbage. Recently we got the Y2K shit, this whole 2012 planets aligning or whatever inverting our gravity or some bullshit, this doomsday device, so on. I mean, even if the world did "end", wtf are any of these people that are freaking out about it going to do? You're fucked anyways, go grab a coffee and watch a movie! Maybe we'll actually get it right eventually! Maybe by the time I finish typing this I'm going to be inverted into unexistence?

Hmm... Not this time! Lulz.

18335193.jpg

haha :>

Most of my friends are doctoral students in particle or mathematical physics, and none of them are worried. The ones who are worried are the uneducated idiots that don't understand what a black hole is, or any of its properties. Out of the many possible outcomes of collisions in the LHC, there is a possibility of creating enormous amounts of energy which can be harnessed and used to fuel our energy consuming world. If they succeed, that in itself will be worth the 6 billion dollars.

I worry more about carbon emissions and useless packaging than the LHC.

The ones who are worried are the uneducated idiots that don't understand what a black hole is, or any of its properties.

Calm down man, everybody knows it was not and is not going to happen. That's not what this whole thing is about, it's about the thought of the world ending without you even knowing it. For some people it's an eye opener and for people like me just a reminder of how precious everything is, even a CD from your favorite band :p

But I guess some people are taking the "threat" a little too national security-like so I understand the frustration, but it doesn't mean they're idiots. Just people who are very territorial about their lifes, no matter the danger level.

Hahahaha I love the neverending stream of end of the world garbage. Recently we got the Y2K shit, this whole 2012 planets aligning or whatever inverting our gravity or some bullshit, this doomsday device, so on. I mean, even if the world did "end", wtf are any of these people that are freaking out about it going to do? You're fucked anyways, go grab a coffee and watch a movie! Maybe we'll actually get it right eventually! Maybe by the time I finish typing this I'm going to be inverted into unexistence?

Hmm... Not this time! Lulz.

+1

Coffee rocks.