Engl e350 and ohmage

azistenostora

Feb 9, 2009
Tatooine (aka Milton Keynes)
I have the feeling that these questions have probably been asked already, but I find the search function on this forum rather useless (or I am just too dumb to use it) so I'll ask it.
1. The manual of my engl e350 says it has a built in 2x1.5 Watts at 4Ω amp.
I have a cab, which is 40 Watts at 16Ω. Question: If I connect the two, will they blow up?
2. I gather there are a few engl users on here. What tubes would you recommend for engl e350?
3. If I want to connect the engl preamp to my head, can I go from the line out of the engl in to the fx return of the head without doing damage? As far as I understand the fx return bypasses the preamp of the head, yes?

Thanks

It should be fine as long as the Ohms of the pre-amp's mini power amp is less than that of the cabs.

So as long as you're not connecting to a cab that's rated at LESS than 4ohms you should be fine (which wont be a problem because most cabs are usually 16 or 8)

I've never hooked mine up directly to a cab without a poweramp, but I've heard if you do so you need to use a Stereo speaker cable or it will short out the e530.

And You wont damage it connecting to a head, use one of the line outputs on the back into the FX return. You are correct, it will bypass the pre-amp of the head