Engl Powerball 2 tone

I had a chance to try the pb2 recently, it's actually a nice amp and MUCH MUCH Bette than the first version.
It still didn't win the blind text in our case, but it's really not a bad amp, they managed to get control over the fizz, what I didn't like about it was a certain "tubbyness" wasn't to my liking.
But overall a huge improvement over the pb1 for sure

Sounds surprisingly good - suits the music really well, very chunky without being overly gained.

I had a chance to try the pb2 recently, it's actually a nice amp and MUCH MUCH Bette than the first version.
It still didn't win the blind text in our case, but it's really not a bad amp, they managed to get control over the fizz, what I didn't like about it was a certain "tubbyness" wasn't to my liking.
But overall a huge improvement over the pb1 for sure

Off topic: Lasse, have you ever had a chance to compare the two Fireballs? I hear a lot of talk about Fireballs being good for all sorts of shit, but never any specifics as to it being the series I or II.

^ Agree, a bit too middy and a little loud in the mix. The low end isn't meshing with the bass.