Enhancing live Opeth material

cyanopsis

Dec 11, 2001
Falun, Sweden
Hey all,
Does anyone of you know a good bit about sound editing? Since I don't think that Opeth will ever put out an official live album, I was thinking that improving one of the available bootlegs would be a good idea (the recent and nice sounding Montreal show comes into mind). Is it possible to mix different components (not familiar with the correct lingua) of sound, i.e. lower the volume of the crowd but not the rest? Adding more bass and reverb (for more "volume" and atmosphere) would enhance the sound a good bit, etc etc.

Bootlegs do have a good collectors value, but really, how many times do you listen to it? I would like to enjoy live Opeth in my livingroom as I enjoy, for example, The Vouce of the Wretched by My dying Bride (live CD) which is a production I really like, and I think that enhancing one of the already existing recordings might do the job! Or is it not possible to do this kind of mixing without having the actual master recording from a sound board?

Would someone experienced with these things be interested in working some time on a project like this? Adding more bass and atmosphere is something even I can do, but it certainly needs more than that.

Cheers,
Peter J.