Enhancing Opeth's Live Sound

i write songs with acoustic parts, but for the amount of electric playing i do, i makes more sense to play them on clean electric. i also think that its great that they dont reproduce the albums exactly, if i want to hear that, ill listen to the album, i want to hear how they can possibly play that shit live, with all the changes, and still not fuck up. and for the acoustic parts live, i am pretty sure mikael and peter have piezo pickups on their guitars, they would sound acoustic, but they sound alot more natural than regular electric guitars.

suislidE said:
yea i agree with you, and you people need to be a little more rational... grey that last post wasnt too thought-out

"many of Opeth's acoustic to distorted changes are abrupt and sudden...it would ruin the flow of certain songs to have to step back from the acoustic, then turn up the volume on the electric, and start playing, etc. Opeth's live sound is fine considering the dynamics their music has in it. If you really have a problem with it, dont go see them live."

how is what i typed above not well thought out?

grey. i think you are arguing for the sake of it to be honest. Leppar's idea is a good one, whether Opeth choose to carry it out of their own accord, only time will tell. this is just a post on thier fan forum in which someone said "wouldn't it be cool if?.." I think it would, you think it wouldn't there you go. no need to argue...

Its a debate...im not arguing for the sake of arguing.

As much as he is basically saying "wouldnt it be cool if..."

im saying "it would be cool, but..."

i dont see why im out of line for taking a different standpoint on something.