Enid

Metman

Buffalo Bills /Mets/Rangers Fan
Jan 19, 2006
Long Island
Ken or anyone,
Whats a good starting piont with this band (The Enid) so many releases I dont want to get one thats not very good, so Ill ask for some advice from you guys....:worship:goggly: Personnally I never heard of this Band.

Personally I would start at the beginning with the original version of In The Region Of The Summer Stars. The original Aerie Faerie Nonsense is on par as well. Its been years but I remember The Spell being quite nice.

Agree on what Ken said. The Spell was the first album I heard from The Enid and it is very special to me personally. Most of them are great though, although on some they seem to get a little too symphonic. Some of their stuff reminds me a little of Jethro Tull's - A Passion Play era music. That might just be me though :)

Personally I would start at the beginning with the original version of In The Region Of The Summer Stars. The original Aerie Faerie Nonsense is on par as well. Its been years but I remember The Spell being quite nice.

Why the original's Ken?
(Are the remastered copies poor quality?)

I guess I didn't differentiate properly - it has nothing to do with mastering. The band is led by keyboardist Robert John Godfrey. He's a bit of a mercurial character. The first two albums were recorded in '76 and '77. My facts may be off but my understanding is that he had a falling out with his record label (EMI) and couldn't get the rights back to the albums so in '84 and '85 he re-recorded them. These newly recorded versions were the first ones to come out on CD. More recently, the label that licensed the Enid catalog for release issued limited editions of the original recordings in edition to the re-recorded versions. So there are two different recordings of In The Region Of The Summer Stars and Aerie Faerie Nonsense. We differentiated them online by putting the release dates in the title of each item. My personal preference is for the original recordings.