Enough Already

BIGPHAT442

Old School
Feb 12, 2002
New York
Visit site
I'm so tired of reading about this reunion bashing. I know I could just not read it, but this board is filled with it. You can't avoid it, every post turns into it. It's ridiculous how much time people are wasting complaining about Scott and Charlie keeping everyone "out of the loop" with no information, instead of celebrating how long this band has been together giving us quality music consistently. Unlike some other bands that have been around awhile. I'm a huge John Bush supporter, to me, no one in metal sings with more passion and heart. There's also not a more down to earth guy you're going to meet than him either. He has NO ego. That's where I stand with my preference of Anthrax singers. There is no competition for me, John Bush, hands down. So what about the reunion? You know what, i'm just enjoying it right now. I'm along for the ride. No use fighting it, I love Anthrax's music. I've been here through Turbin, Belladonna, Bush, Belladonna and hopefully Bush someday again. Some people are gonna say "what about all the stuff they said about Spitz and Belladonna?" Did you ever have a fight with your friend, girlfriend, boyfriend, whoever? Most of the time you make up, right? So what's the point of all this? I spoke to Charlie and Scott at the show on Wednesday. To all the bashers out there, there is no big answer to what's "going on". They honestly do not know what's next. So why doesn't everyone just give them a break. Come along and enjoy the ride.BUSH RULES!

BIGPHAT442 said:
Did you ever have a fight with your friend, girlfriend, boyfriend, whoever? Most of the time you make up, right? So what's the point of all this?

Not a good analogy.

Here's a better one.
You divorce your wife of about 8 years.
You marry another one and it lasts for about 13 years.
But, while you're still married, you decide to go back and fuck your old wife for awhile. While you're having sex with her, you still don't know if you're going to keep having sex with her, or go back to your wife.

Did you tell your wife what was going on? I don't know, but your wife is just keeping her mouth shut, not saying anything bad about you while your fucking someone else. All the while, you've taken down all acknowledgement of your wife in your home and replaced them with your ex-wife.

So what are you going to do? Oh well,.........you'll just keep having sex with her until it's not worth it anymore? Then you can go back to your current wife I guess?

For Christ's sake, divorce your current wife and go marry your old one! THAT....or tell your ex that it was fun, but your true love is your current wife and you must go home!
Grow some balls and make a decision. Don't just leave your wife hanging in limbo while your out trying to decide who you want to fuck.

If I was the real wife, I know I wouldn't be around anymore.
Nor would I be as good of a person as to gracefully bow out and not cause a huge commotion.
I'd take off and take him to the cleaners while leaving a scorched earth behind.....but then, I'm not a nice guy.

:zombie:

Hey I like that analogy!

Besides, ironically this place is also full of an equal number of posts saying 'im sick of all this bashing' blah blah and bangin on about that!

Its one big soap opera!

DELIRI0US N0MAD said:
Not a good analogy.

Here's a better one.
You divorce your wife of about 8 years.
You marry another one and it lasts for about 13 years.
But, while you're still married, you decide to go back and fuck your old wife for awhile. While you're fucking her, you still don't know if you're going to keep fucking her, or go back to your wife.

Did you tell your wife what was going on? I don't know, but your wife is just keeping her mouth shut, not saying anything bad about you while your fucking someone else. All the while, you've taken down all acknowledgement of your wife in your home and replaced them with your ex-wife.

So what are you going to do? Oh well,.........you'll just keep fucking her until it's not worth it anymore? Then you can go back to your current wife I guess?

For Christ's sake, divorce your current wife and go marry your old one! THAT....or tell your ex that it was fun, but your true love is your current wife and you must go home!
Grow some balls and make a decision. Don't just leave your wife hanging in limbo while your out trying to decide who you want to fuck.

If I was the real wife, I know I wouldn't be around anymore.
Nor would I be as good of a person as to gracefully bow out and not cause a huge commotion.
I'd take off and take him to the cleaners while leaving a scorched earth behind.....but then, I'm not a nice guy.

:zombie:

Oh PUHLEEZE! The relationship between Scott/Charlie and John is nothing like a fucking marriage. There's nothing remotely close to SEX, the ultimate expression of romantic love, involved in playing in the band together.

It's more along the lines of friendship/brotherhood. You talk about only 8 years together, but those were 8 almost non-stop years. They just went from recording to touring back to recording with very little time to stop. The only signifcant time off I can think of during that time was between SOE's tours and POT, and even that wasn't very much.

Bigphatt was exactly right when he said the shit-talking was like what brothers do. Hell, Charlie and Frank are uncle/nephew that spent time together like brothers their whole lives. In the end, it doesn't mean that much. It's good that they got to resolve all that shit so they don't have to carry it to their graves.

I completely agree with BigPhatt in his opinion on the reunion. I prefer Bush and want him back. The reason Charlie and Scott can't say what will happen next is that they don't know. I'd have to guess that they'd prefer to do another record with Bush, simply because they said WCFYA is their favorite Anthrax record and they've never taken anything back about prefering John's voice. However, they're going to have to work out their relationship with John. From the two sentances we've seen in the press, it doesn't sound like everything is perfect with John.No huge surprise there.

I've been to six of these reunion shows, including the first three, and they've all been excellent. Still, I prefer seeing them with John and hearing songs from the last four albums.

I also know this thread will not settle anything and people will continue to argue forever. Oh well.

NP: Iron Maiden - Beast Over Hammersmith

jdelpi said:
I'd have to guess that they'd prefer to do another record with Bush, simply because they said WCFYA is their favorite Anthrax record and they've never taken anything back about prefering John's voice. However, they're going to have to work out their relationship with John. From the two sentances we've seen in the press, it doesn't sound like everything is perfect with John.No huge surprise there.

This is exactly what most of us "bash" here. From everything we've read or heard, it looks like they fucked John over and didn't care.

jdelpi said:
Oh PUHLEEZE! The relationship between Scott/Charlie and John is nothing like a fucking marriage. There's nothing remotely close to SEX, the ultimate expression of romantic love, involved in playing in the band together.

It's more along the lines of friendship/brotherhood. You talk about only 8 years together, but those were 8 almost non-stop years. They just went from recording to touring back to recording with very little time to stop. The only signifcant time off I can think of during that time was between SOE's tours and POT, and even that wasn't very much.

Bigphatt was exactly right when he said the shit-talking was like what brothers do. Hell, Charlie and Frank are uncle/nephew that spent time together like brothers their whole lives. In the end, it doesn't mean that much. It's good that they got to resolve all that shit so they don't have to carry it to their graves.

I completely agree with BigPhatt in his opinion on the reunion. I prefer Bush and want him back. The reason Charlie and Scott can't say what will happen next is that they don't know. I'd have to guess that they'd prefer to do another record with Bush, simply because they said WCFYA is their favorite Anthrax record and they've never taken anything back about prefering John's voice. However, they're going to have to work out their relationship with John. From the two sentances we've seen in the press, it doesn't sound like everything is perfect with John.No huge surprise there.

I've been to six of these reunion shows, including the first three, and they've all been excellent. Still, I prefer seeing them with John and hearing songs from the last four albums.

I also know this thread will not settle anything and people will continue to argue forever. Oh well.

NP: Iron Maiden - Beast Over Hammersmith

My point was that it's not just as simple as "Did you ever have a fight with your friend, girlfriend, boyfriend, whoever?"
It is FAR more of a relationship than that and much more complicated.
I'll stand by my post.
:)

My curiosity runs wild wondering the age of the "Bush Supporters" VS. "Joey Supporters". I could be totally wrong, but it seems that the MAJORITY of the Bush "clan" are under 25, and only really got to know ANTHRAX with Bush as the vocalist. It kills me to see all the bullshit in these threads concerning the the whole line-up issue. They BOTH sang for the band...if there was no JOEY...there sure as hell would of never been a BUSH!! Joeys voice with the killer music the rest of the band cranked out, was what made ANTHRAX even HAVE a fan base. And what a fan base they have 20+ years later!! With the ADDITION of fans from the BUSH era. It seems pretty stupid to continually bitch about shit u cannot change. Enjoy the music & the shows these guys are putting out/on NOW.... ahahaha...as I am typing this OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND started playing on my Sirius!!! How classic!!!

johnnieCzech said:
This is exactly what most of us "bash" here. From everything we've read or heard, it looks like they fucked John over and didn't care.

Do whatever you want, but John WAS ASKED to join the reunion tour and he declined. I don't see how that equates to being fucked over? The dude was asked, he said no, life goes on.

strik9 said:
Do whatever you want, but John WAS ASKED to join the reunion tour and he declined. I don't see how that equates to being fucked over? The dude was asked, he said no, life goes on.

Don't believe everything you read. Or better yet, if you were in the same situation, what would your decision be like?

He was asked to do a joint tour with the person he replaced because the band thought he was better suited to the music, the person who's songs the band had re-recorded because "this was the way they were meant to sound".
I can see John point, but he did turn down the tour. He had very good reasons.

johnnieCzech said:
Don't believe everything you read.

I don't believe everything I read. I've yet to hear anything to the contrary, and I'm not just gonna automatically think it's a lie just because shit has happened in the past. That Revolver article for example, was looking for dirt obviously. Imo they would've loved to make it appear that Bush was fucked over, and I didn't get that vibe after reading it. Sure it could be bullshit, but why even include Bush's explanation on why he turned down the reunion then? Maybe he really was asked. Quite frankly I don't give a shit if John was fucked over or not. I'm into the band 'cause of the music, not the bandmembers. I'm not that interested in all the behind the scenes drama.

johnnieCzech said:
Don't believe everything you read. Or better yet, if you were in the same situation, what would your decision be like?

I don´t understand why his decision now differs from the decision he made in 2000.

ImAlwaysHungry said:
My curiosity runs wild wondering the age of the "Bush Supporters" VS. "Joey Supporters". I could be totally wrong, but it seems that the MAJORITY of the Bush "clan" are under 25, and only really got to know ANTHRAX with Bush as the vocalist.

.................NOW.... ahahaha...as I am typing this OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND started playing on my Sirius!!! How classic!!!

First, I am a Bush fan and probably older than any of you here.

Second, Sirius Radio programming kicks major ass!...especially "Hard Attack".
:headbang:

Johnnie, to answer the second part of your question. If I was John Bush I would've swallowed my pride, realized I have a wife and kid to support (not that Bush dosen't realize that, I'm sure he's a great father and husband) and done the tour with Anthrax. I'm not John Bush though, and I don't know how financially secure he is, and what his options are. I'm basing my answer on the assumption that he needs to be working to survive. I'm not in Anthrax's "inner circle" so all I've got to go on is what band members etc. say to the public. I'll most likely never know the whole story, the true story of what happened, or however you wanna put it. That's pretty much why I don't concern myself with all the behind the scenes bullshit. I can't truely say one guy's telling the truth and another guy's lying, without knowing the people involved, based on interviews. I've got way too little time to worry about stuff I cannot control anyways. To the best of my knowledge Bush was asked to tour. Sure I could be wrong, but I don't really care if I am. Again I don't have the time or know the right people for that matter to get the truth.

BY posting threads like this it'll just get worse just look at that childish "bashing" club!

I do agree with your setiment though, I just think Joey is better (for ANTHRAX that is)!

Ritchie see what you started...... LOL!!!
Enjoy this for what is right now..... No one knows what tomorrow holds...... i love both singers.......

I have one question....
IS wife number 2 hotter than wife number 1........??????

spacebeer said:
BY posting threads like this it'll just get worse just look at that childish "bashing" club!

I agree. I've made a promise to myself that this is my last post concerning all the drama. :lol: :rolleyes: Hopefully I can keep it! :lol: I'm tired of going in circles!

thraxx said:
Ritchie see what you started...... LOL!!!
Enjoy this for what is right now..... No one knows what tomorrow holds...... i love both singers.......

I have one question....
IS wife number 2 hotter than wife number 1........??????

:lol: Fuck it! Anthrax should just have a hareum! :lol: Hell why not even get Turbin, Caggiano, Lilker, Vera, and Crook into the mix? :lol: Seriously though, they gotta do a show like that down the road sometime. I doubt it'd ever happen, but it'd be AWESOME to see a show with every member that'd ever been in the band! :headbang: I know it's kinda cliche, 'cause a good number of bands have done it or at least tried to do it, imo it'd RULE! I obviousy don't mean with guys like Matt Fallon, who were in the band for a really short time.