Enough Already

hey guys, singer of preference aside, I have a question!

Assuming that Anthrax stays with this line up (as it could happen according to Bush's statements) what are they gonna do about the 13 years of material they can't play anymore? It's like they are stuck playing the vintage stuff and their archive of music has been cut in half. I saw them in Jersey, and it was great, but that set would get old after seeing them a couple of times. That is why I kinda liked bush around - he could do it all. And even if you think he sucked, well, he DID sing the old stuff regardless. I don't hear Joey singing any post '93 songs. I'm not trying to fuel the fire here, I like both lineups (minus spitz, he straight up frightens me and you could not pay me enough to be on a bus with him for months at a time) I was just thinking how weird it would be to not have 13 years worth of your music anymore.

I think Joey could sing some of the songs from SOWN, I can see him sing those, I wouldn;t mind if I never heard the rest again. I just hope for a strong new album!

If they put out an album with this line up it better be the best piece of shit they have ever done. There entire reputation is relying on that if they continue to go ahead with this lineup.

Thrillho said:
If they put out an album with this line up it better be the best piece of shit they have ever done. There entire reputation is relying on that if they continue to go ahead with this lineup.

Which I seriously doubt, but there is a hope if Bush, as Strik9 suggests, "swallows his pride" for this time...Jdelpi's post sheds some light into it.

hmmm i think alot of u undrerestimate joey,i think he could really fire alot of bush material,sure some would sound better than others but they were written with bush in mind.

am i the only one that wonders what a sown album with joey woulda sounded like,i think it woulda kicked ass:headbang:

mrthrax said:
hmmm i think alot of u undrerestimate joey,i think he could really fire alot of bush material,sure some would sound better than others but they were written with bush in mind.

am i the only one that wonders what a sown album with joey woulda sounded like,i think it woulda kicked ass:headbang:

Somehow I doubt Joey has any desire to sing John's stuff. I don't blame him. I'm surprised Bruce Dickinson sings Blaze's songs.

NP: Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind

Thrillho said:
I was just thinking how weird it would be to not have 13 years worth of your music anymore.

Yes, that's an excellent point.

They're doing very few songs that they didn't do with John. The only ones I can think of are "Time" and "Medusa." They played "Now It's Dark" I think just once in Puerto Rico.

DELIRI0US N0MAD said:
My point was that it's not just as simple as "Did you ever have a fight with your friend, girlfriend, boyfriend, whoever?"
It is FAR more of a relationship than that and much more complicated.
I'll stand by my post.
:)

You can stand by your post, but you must explain why the singer must be the woman.

jdelpi said:
Somehow I doubt Joey has any desire to sing John's stuff. I don't blame him. I'm surprised Bruce Dickinson sings Blaze's songs.

NP: Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind

Maybe it's just because Bruce CAN sing Blaze's songs?

mrthrax said:

Agreed Joey might as well be one of metal's most underrated singers, he shure can jam, he has all the technical abilities and then some!

Of course he cannot 100% Johyn BUsh style because he has a different voice but he shure could sing all over them with ease! I think is't easier for him to singf the Bush songs than the other way around!

Bush can't sing ANY of the old songs in the original key simply because his voice is not fit for it!

Not that I can LOL, few weeks ago a friend of mine asked me to sing "madhouse" live with his band because their singer fell ill and they did some covers with guest singers HAHAH I massacred it!

Those songs are very hard to sing!

spacebeer said:
Bush can't sing ANY of the old songs in the original key simply because his voice is not fit for it!
So they played and sang a half-step down, big fucking deal

Not a good analogy.

Here's a better one.
You divorce your wife of about 8 years.
You marry another one and it lasts for about 13 years.
But, while you're still married, you decide to go back and fuck your old wife for awhile. While you're having sex with her, you still don't know if you're going to keep having sex with her, or go back to your wife.

Did you tell your wife what was going on? I don't know, but your wife is just keeping her mouth shut, not saying anything bad about you while your fucking someone else. All the while, you've taken down all acknowledgement of your wife in your home and replaced them with your ex-wife.

So what are you going to do? Oh well,.........you'll just keep having sex with her until it's not worth it anymore? Then you can go back to your current wife I guess?

For Christ's sake, divorce your current wife and go marry your old one! THAT....or tell your ex that it was fun, but your true love is your current wife and you must go home!
Grow some balls and make a decision. Don't just leave your wife hanging in limbo while your out trying to decide who you want to fuck.

If I was the real wife, I know I wouldn't be around anymore.
Nor would I be as good of a person as to gracefully bow out and not cause a huge commotion.
I'd take off and take him to the cleaners while leaving a scorched earth behind.....but then, I'm not a nice guy.

:zombie:

Nice analogy. I for one, liked it.

DarrellDethSDMF said:
Please explain how Joey would not be able to sing John's songs?

Sure their voices are different, but I can sing Bush-era songs, you can sing them and sure as hell Joey Belladonna can sing them.

I can't explain why, ask Joey. It's just that Joey doesn't sing any of the Bush songs, while Bruce actually sings some Blaze songs...

Mickenglanduk said:
And your saying that Bush singing Lone Justice is perfect on TGOTE

He DOES sing the song, so I don't know what's your problem...maybe there are two notes he sings lower instead of higher...as long as Joey sings Only or What Doesn't Die, we can have a talk.