enslaved...your thoughts??

rhavin2112

Lost to Apathy
Feb 26, 2002
Knoxville, TN
www.appropriateapocalypse.com
This band is truly an enigma....I own every album, even though I was put off by the first two. I fund that when I am in the right mood, they seem to be just what I need. I truly do not know if they are good or bad, I just know I am amazed by them....

Jim what do you think? Have you heard Monumension?

Originally posted by rhavin2112
This band is truly an enigma....I own every album, even though I was put off by the first two. I fund that when I am in the right mood, they seem to be just what I need. I truly do not know if they are good or bad, I just know I am amazed by them....

Jim what do you think? Have you heard Monumension?

Yep... did a writeup of it as part of the new issue... Monumension is probably their best and most unique of all of them... although for personal listening pleasure I like Eld most. :)

What's surprising is that Ivar is only 23-24 too (according to their web-page)! That means he was only like 19-20 when Eld came out?

Ihsahn is also only like 25.

I find this fascinating!

Later,

Oh, and it's nice to finally hear somebody mention them! I never hear a bloody word about this amazing band!

Also Jim - I think Mardraum is a lot bigger step from Blodhemn than Monumension is from Mardraum, so in that sense Mardraum could be their most unique. Not really sure what I think though - both are very unique and accomplished.

For listening pleasure, I really enjoy all albums - I was listening to Vikingligr Veldi last night - but I think that the latest two really hold my interest the most. I really love "Eld" and that used to be my favourite, but I guess something about the excellent musicianship and creativity that thrives from Mardraum and Monumension that really captivates me.

You guys can check out my reviews of every album the band has done except "Frost" over at http://www.metalbite.com