The new Enslaved album!

Riotus

Riotusly Extreme!
Jul 9, 2001
North Wales
www.expage.com
It may have been asked before, but has anyone heard the new Enslaved album yet? (Monumension).

First thoughts were that i was dissapointed.... the production is all over the place, and they've never been the "tightest" group, BUT...!!! By the Norse GODS - its bloody good!! Its made me go back to all the older stuff again - man, what a change in direction over the years.

I here by start the official Enslaved "Thank you" petition

THANK YOU ENSLAVED!!

I dont really like it, in my opinion the last great album by Enslaved is 'Eld'. Monumension is too progressive for me, perhaps if i listened to it and imagined that it was a different or new band i would enjoy it more, because its sad for me that the band that got me into BM/VM with Hordanes Land is now a band that i dont like..
Hopefully Monumension will grow on me [not literally..], but to be honest, i dont think i will ever like it as much as Vikingligr Veldi, Frost, Eld or Hordanes Land.

I bought it last Thursday...so I had enough time to get into it. And now I have to agree with The Wanderer: it's one of best albums that came out this year (together with Emperor's new (and last) one and Borknagar's Epiricism). But I can understand that some people who prefer straight metal to experimental stuff won't like it.

they've never been the "tightest" group

They can play tight, if they want to...just listen to Blodhemn. I guess that's why Blodhemn has such a short playing time compared to Mardraum & Monumension: They didn't have enough time to concentrate on a few simple songs, this time there were more songs and everything was more complex. But I don't even care :)

I've only recently heard Enslaved, and I am very impressed. And, I happened to win tickets to a xmas metalfest, and they're headlining. I'm psyched!

they've never been the "tightest" group

This wasnt meant to be a "dig" at Enslaved. I got side tracked while typing and forgot to add - "the energy they put in to the music is second to none" - i only have to listen to "713" and i get chills!! Its so damn powerful. I also get the same feelings listen to "The Voices".

Either Enslaved or Emperor has the top album of 2001 for sure. Well, until I hear the new Green Carnation at least!

I can't believe how horribly disgusting those guitars on Monumension sound though! The distorted guitars are almost ridiculous sounding, yet it still works somehow. As always though, the clean parts are amzing. I've never heard a band with a clean tone like that before!