Enslaved: "Vertebrae" due in September

Hubster

Oct 29, 2003
Bondi Australia
Enslaved: "Vertebrae" due in September

93951.jpg

"Legendary Norwegian black metallers ENSLAVED will be releasing their new album, Vertebrae, on September 26th in Germany, Austria and Switzerland and the 29th (rest of Europe) via Indie Recordings.

Tracklist as follows: 'Clouds', 'To The Coast', 'Ground', 'Vertebrae', 'New Dawn', 'Relections', 'Center', 'The Watcher'.

Indie Recordings and Pirate Smile are presenting the world premiere of Vertebrae at this year's Wacken Open Air (which runs from July 31st - August 2nd, in Wacken, Germany).

According to a press release, "Enslaved have established themselves amongst the leaders of progressive/experimental metal bands with the masterpieces ISA and Ruun. Their new album Vertebrae stands nothing short of their previous – on the contrary! "Vertebrae" is a travel through the history of the band, looking both back to the roots of grim Black Metal, and into the future of progressive melancholy ala Tool and Pink Floyd. Mixed by Joe Baressi (TOOL) and mastered by George Marino (LED ZEPPELIN/METALLICA) the album sounds nothing less than amazing."

On November 5th the Vertebrae Tour 2008 with special guest STONEGARD and opener KRAKOW kicks off. Lasting until December 22nd the tour will take the band all over Europe."

:kickass:

Hopefully they'll come back to their older, more blacker sound than going even more prog than RUUN. RUUN was fine, but to me, it isnt a direction a band like Enslaved with such a distinctive BM sound should keep following.

:kickass:

Hopefully they'll come back to their older, more blacker sound than going even more prog than RUUN. RUUN was fine, but to me, it isnt a direction a band like Enslaved with such a distinctive BM sound should keep following.

Not to say that albums like Frost and Eld are bad (which they're not) but I actually enjoy the newer Enslaved sound more, especially on Isa.

Personally, I think Enslaved are one of the few bands who do not have a best album. All their material is equally excellent and unique in comparison to their previous works, the band are constantly growing and changing.

Personally, I think Enslaved are one of the few bands who do not have a best album. All their material is equally excellent and unique in comparison to their previous works, the band are constantly growing and changing.

100% agree. I hope the new album to return to a more black metal sound while keeping their uniqueness/progressiveness.