Enthroned, your thoughts?

SculptedCold

-scented manbeef-
May 9, 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
Does anyone listen-to and/or like Enthroned? I've had Carnage in Worlds Beyond for a long time, and I recently picked-up the Blackend set of their first four albums for just £18 and i've been listening through them. Although the earlier stuff does seem a little bombastic with the keyboards sometimes and not as tasteful as a band like Emperor, on the whole their entire catalogue is still full of quality black metal with excellent melodies and compositions, and i've always thought Sabathan's vocals were superb. The new album sounds killer as well.
Yet... they're very rarely talked-about or mentioned so far as i've seen. Are they underexposed, or do most just think they're unremarkable?

I've heard a couple of their songs before. I don't know which album/s they were from but they sounded pretty weak to me.

if i ever hear the words "PURE FUCKING SORCERY" one more time ill kill myself. they said it every other song when i saw em (the enthroned, bloodstorm, sol evil tour), the singer sounds like an infant, and they are masters at the 4 chord masterbation technique

i was not impressed
~gR~

I downloaded some mp3s of them and liked it enough to buy carnage in worlds beyond. I enjoyed it at first but got tired of it pretty quickly. So I guess I'll just say they're alright but nothing special about them.

I have the Blackened Collection, which is awesome value for money. 4 albums for £18! And yeah, I quite like them. Very generic but good black metal.