Any Elend fans here?

challenge_everything

Feb 9, 2006
great southern wasteland
These guys are close to the most unique and underexposed band going around. Unfortunately, they haven't had a good record company and most of their back catalogue is notoriously hard to track down. I've had to ebay a few of their older albums. Last I heard the same old shite was happening again and their new album was delayed until early next year?? And the same thing happened to Elend's collaborators, The Ensemble Orphique, who were due to release their debut album.

These guys still give me shivers like no other. Le Tenebres du Dehors still hasn't been surpassed for sheer frightening intensity. Although I've loved their more delicate recent work, their next album, the final part of the 'Winds' trilogy, is billed as their most dark and violent for some time. Bring it on

I think Elend are pretty great too. They're technically not metal but oh well. Les Tenebres Du Dehors is my favorite as well, I didn't know they were coming out with another soon. I'm looking forward to it!

edit: Yeah is that a painting in your signature? Who is it by? It's a little too chaotic and overdone/oversymmetrical, but still impressive.

Elend is fucking terrific. My favorites are Sunwar the Dead and The Umbersun. I didn't really like Winds Devouring Men as much as the other ones because, although it was good, it was a bit too conventional in approach.

The Ensemble Orphique is providing the orchestral and choral components to Elend's next album. I think they did it on Winds Devouring Men too? I know that they are listed in the credits on Winds - I think the classical musicians on that album are part of the Ensemble. Not sure about Sunwar - it's in the mail on the way to my house at the moment!

PS Draconian likethe sig too but like the quote even better. Who is that from? Reminds me of Nietsche's line "God was created in the image of Man". Hope I didn't misquote that.