Entombed: The Quaker Oats of Death Metal

The Greys said:
Majority of people can agree left hand path is awsome especially for 89. As far as I know entombed(nihilist) is the first swedish death metal band so giving them such a low rating is unfair. Any parts on LHP album that resemble 'melody' should not have been on the album because it sounds out of place.

Entombed regardless when playing death metal or not was never about
"fully articulated melodic content or any sense of purpose or direction". The band had simple rock elements from day one. Entombed seem very into blues and I can't picture them with good melody based on how they play.

Dismember was expirimenting with melody and I can't stand most of their cds.

Like And Everflowing Stream is very good, not as good as left hand path.

Also....Left hand path is not the best song on the album, actually it can be very boring. If the whole album was atmospheric like the ending of that song it would be boring. It's a cool opening at first but I usually skip it. Left Hand Path has en edge over grave and dismember. end

Older unleashed is better than dismember and grave.

Spot on post, excellent.:kickass:

I admit that it is pretty montone but I dont think Left Hand Path deserves that low of a rating. Like what a guy said earlier here, you have to give them a break because they were only around 17-19 years old when they did this album. The title track, "Supposed to Rot" and "But Life Goes On" makes it all worthwhile.

Greys, that was a pretty good summary but I disagree with your thoughts on Dismember and would go further to say they deserve ALOT more respect(than Entombed) as they are actually still playing metal. Infact, I saw them live last year and it is a safe bet to say it was probably the best fucking metal show i've ever seen!

I would take entombed 'morning star' over any newer dismember. I'll admit the new Dismember is better for them compared to the last 3,4.

I have the Dismember DVD from 2005 and it's still cool to see the band with the metal attitude playing some classic tunes. I just don't care for any material on hate campain or death metal at all.

The two album after like an everflowing stream are good but not classic like that album. Entombed has just as much crap but I really like the first 3 albums. Carnage was better than Dismember even though it's pretty much dismember before their first album.

Post-Clandestine Entombed isn't worth listening to. Therefore The God That Never Was is better by default.

Well you also think Necroticism is the best metal album ever, so I wouldn't take your fucking opinion on anything.

Carnage own your bones.

Also the new Dismember is the best Dismember since Indecent and Obscene, and is possibly even better than IaO. Nothing beats LAEFS though...

I'm willing to bet he doesn't care either. Just...you know, to stay objective.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Carnage own your bones.
classic! Along with Dodens Post-Clandestine remark.

So the new Dismember is really that good eh, a big step up from Where Iron Crosses Grow? Must check it out...

PlanetaryEulogy said:
In this it more closely replicated the ambivalence of an existence where violence and death are transformed by nature into a life-sustaining poetry

Great point man. I was really feeling that vibe too. :cool: