Entwine - Gone

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
Entwine - Gone
Spikefarm - 2001
John Knudsen

Entwine's first CD The Treasures Within Hearts (1999) wasn't what I had expected; it was kinda boring, and the singing on the album was kinda awful. So now another album?

I must admit that I was very sceptical when I heard it first, but after just two minutes I was totally changed. The opener "Losing the ground" shows why many have tipped these guys to become a big name everywhere around the world. They're already a big name in Finland, and I think that three or four month's time they'll be among THE greatest bands in the entire world!

The songwriting on this album has improved a lot, still it's a very melancolic mood but the lyrics are awesome throughout the entire album. The same with the music, some places they even have violins! But instead of being boring like so many others try with experimenting with other instruments, Entwine's violin playing is lifting the album to a higher level. Hear the single "New Dawn" and you know excactly what I mean.

One of the best albums I've ever heard. You can compare it a lot with Katatonia's "Discouraged ones", not just because it shows their new style, but also because it's a masterpiece just like Katatonia's D.O. were in 1997. I can only recommend it!