Ephel Duath...

I got The Painter's Pallate, great stuff. Finally, a metal/jazz combo with some cohesion. I'd check that CD out first, from what I've gathered the older stuff isn't as good. But that doesn't mean you might not like it.

Heh, maybe I'm the only one who prefers the older stuff. :p IMO RePhormula is much better than The Painter's Palette.

Rusty said:
Heh, maybe I'm the only one who prefers the older stuff. :p IMO RePhormula is much better than The Painter's Palette.

No, you're not the only one. But i don't mind the change of styles, they're original either way.

I won a promo of the Painter's Palette on ebay I sonce I got I have listened to little else. The Hard vocals are a little annoying, but the clean ones are decent. It really seems more like jazz than anything else to me. And the drum and bass are really amazing.

I like them, and I like the Painter's pallete, but I think anyone would have to admit that there are some points on that album that are very awkward to listen to... some melodies which are a touch too 'boppy' or 'upbeat' and stick out a bit like a sore thumb.... Mind you I suppose that's half the style, having completely off-kilter stuff thrown in even though it might be jarringly different.

That and while I do like the idea of clean and harsh vocals I simply don't think the clean vocalist is particularly good, and his melodies are the ones that are most frequently those "really-really-out-of-place" ones that I'm talking about above.

Again I suppose it's a stylistic thing but yes, to me some of it is a bit awkward. Still gets two incredibly enthusiastic thumbs up from me.