Epic Drum Samples for you guys!

TheWinterSnow

Den Mørke Natt
Oct 22, 2008
Sacramento, CA
After much time acquiring different samples all over the net from every free source possible, I finally finished my library of the most epic hard hitting samples for an entire kit. Don't know exactly how many samples are processed, but this is my go to sample library.

Includes some OH and Room samples of some drums (while not being very good compared to the close mics, they are still good for being free), and the OH/Room phases are slightly off to simulate real distant mic delays.

As I have said most samples I just got over the net (including some of Andy's samples) however, they have been processed (including layering multiple samples) and prepared as an entire setup (think of it as a free/poor man's Slate).

Just don't ask me what kind (brands and models) of drums were use because I have no clue as well as production notes (mics, position pre processing etc). Cymbals are Paiste, that's all I know

So gentlemen, I give you, the "JM Epic Drum Samples Library Vol. 1"

Includes:

1 Kick (multiple mics)
1 Snare (multiple mics)
1 Hi Hat (open and closed, with multiple mics)
3 Cymbals (multiple mics)
2 Splashes
2 Chinas
1 Ride
4 Toms

A total of 35MB of 24-bit @ 44.1KHz samples

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=7245878fdcc39fcbab1eab3e9fa335ca5697f836dbf9aad0

Enjoy

EDIT: Quickly thrown together clip of all the samples together:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=830664&songID=8400892

Downloading the .zip file now.

EDIT: The link will now take you to the .zip version.

Chimaria toms and Machinehead kick by the sounds?

yes on toms, Trivium Kick and while I am at it, Nickleback Photograph snare blended with my own (Sonor 14.5in, moderately compressed). The snare sounds very, um "Black Album" to my ears.

Why is it when I download files off this forum they will never play? Windows Media player just gives me the error message - "one or more codec required"? :S

Thanks men! These samples are very good. The snare is great but it has a lot of reverb, if she had less would be awesome.

Thanks men! These samples are very good. The snare is great but it has a lot of reverb, if she had less would be awesome.

in song context it won't be as huge, however, just got my hands on Chris Adler's snare sample, I will do some more snare blending so there can be a more variety of more reverb/less reverb.

Why is it when I download files off this forum they will never play? Windows Media player just gives me the error message - "one or more codec required"? :S

which version of WMP do you have? They are all raw .wav files so I don't see why they wouldn't work

EDIT: Added an extra snare with a strong gate to eliminate excessive reverb, blended the LoG snare as well, and blended my Sonor snare louder to give more pop and less verb.

thanks (I think? ;))

I just hope the next trend won't be everyone blending two commercial samples they grabbed from some CD/rockband rip or something and uploading them here ;)

don't get me wrong, appreciate your effort....I just think that everyone on this board is using the same samples/ripped samples anyway, now they don't even have to blend them themselves and there'll be only one drumsound on this forum from now on,, lol.

(not being tooo serious here :D)

well I know that some of the samples that I found aren't available anymore, went looking back and some links are dead and gone. When I discovered that I had a full mix of samples for my library that were pretty rock solid, I figured that I would share. Its pretty hard to find good solid samples for every piece in a kit and since it took me almost two years of poking and prodding around, I figured that I would do the favor of sharing a complete set.

And I left most of the samples dry, although some gating here and there and other trimming for specifically what I do, users still have to blend and eq to get anything usable out of it, although you don't need too much processing as the samples together are pretty rock solid.