Epic Melodeth Tunage! S2.0, EMG.

Cyanide_Anima

yooveesevenbeekay
Apr 14, 2005
everrot, WA
hey guys, finished mixing a new song. I think this is the best mix i have acheaved! :headbang: This is a song i wrote around 2003, and never got to properly record. so, I found a shitty old version on my harddrive and got inspired. Critiques on the mix/song encouraged, as i'd really like to know how the mix translates to other systems. especially the low end, from what i hear it sounds ok, but im not quite sure. thanks!

Burn The Pigeon (new)
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=8894375&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=8894375&q=hi

the low end could come up a bit
kick and snare could use some more meat
toms sound good
guitars also, but i think they are too narrow, EQ-wise
nice song!
you dont like birds i guess?^^

hahaha, no its not that i don't like birds, its that I love them.

too narrow? can you elaborate? like missing low end/low mid? im going for a dino-meets-soilwork type of tone, I may be deaf (sick), but i kinda like the tone, for it being a POD, lulz. but giving it more lowz/lowmids it loses its edge.

i start playing with plugs and impulses, and sure, they may sound more 'real', but it doesn't have this certain quality my ears always 'look' for so i ending up turning the pod back on, haha. too bad my presence knob is all whacked out and usually starts changing values out of control. balls.

sry dude, i cant point my finger what the guitars lack for me...i think the sound now is really good, but something is missing for me, maybe its really something in the low mids? hard to say without beeing able to
fool around with the eq a bit haha
hm a pitty it loses edge when you add some low end. anyway i think you can go with that sound without problems...maybe its just my strange taste or my ears are tired of too much mixing lately...

yeah you can get some great sounds out of plugins...i like the LeGion a lot lately.

I like the tune minus the solos. Sounds quite good to me. Low end is good here. What really distracts me is the solos sounds. Too fluffy and soft. Overall a bit more "greatness" would help. But I like it mostly big, so... ;)

Shogger

alright. Mago, i totally see what you mean, so i think i fixed/helped in that area a lot. i gave it some more around 504hz, and reworked the lowend some, and gave the kick a little more beef. I hear the lead Fluffiness! rofl. i kinda like it tho, like soilworks old leads real quite fluffy, and i've accustomed to a sound like that (though i think i could go back and give the leads more pick attack...dammit...haha). i kinda want to delete the leads and try something else, because i just improv'd a couple of takes and picked my favorite one.