EPIC POWER METAL!

espartaco

espartaco
Jan 7, 2009
hello guys. here is a mix i been working on, has been a total challenge lots of layered synths, but i thing is going really well. I need some fresh ears to point it out if im fucking something , so let me know what you think, any advice will be highly appreciated.

here is the link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1196262/espiritu inmortal V1.mp3

BTW lyrics are in Spanish for those that may wonder :p

I like the synths, maybe sometimes a little bit "thin" but really nice.
What did u use for them ?

Finally!!! A power metal dude! Thank god, it's all modern metal here :p

To be honest, I would like the kick drum to have more "click" instead of "thump" if you know what I mean. Because when guitars dig in, it kinda disappears. And I would like the rhythm guitars a bit louder, they also disappear when the vocals start.

For any means, don't take this too seriously, I don't know anything about mixing and stuff, I'm just saying what I think I would like to hear... Cheers for power metal dude!

I like the synths, maybe sometimes a little bit "thin" but really nice.
What did u use for them ?

yeah they are very thin to make some room for the other instruments, it was really hard to mix to whithout fuck it up the low end (althoug i fucked it up later in the mastering whit the harmonic exiter of ozone....:p,), the synths are a mixture of the free string of east west,embracer vst instrument of cubase and nanotron choirs vst.

thanks for comment man.

Finally!!! A power metal dude! Thank god, it's all modern metal here :p

To be honest, I would like the kick drum to have more "click" instead of "thump" if you know what I mean. Because when guitars dig in, it kinda disappears. And I would like the rhythm guitars a bit louder, they also disappear when the vocals start.

For any means, don't take this too seriously, I don't know anything about mixing and stuff, I'm just saying what I think I would like to hear... Cheers for power metal dude!

hahha i know what you mind, i love power metal!. we should keep in touch, here are not a lot of our kind lol.

i kind of agree whit you after listen it whit fresh ears , i will check the details you say.thanks for your coment!

you guys need to explain me what the hell is PUH l:lol:

felix i forgot about your work! i know you are one of the bigs of power metal here , love your music.:p

vocals are way to loud in that mix, and the kick sounds a bit weak to me.
works good otherwise!

shadowdance, machines&madness are awesome indeed, so its not only modern stuff around here.

randomness
man I love iced earth
/randomness

vocals are way to loud in that mix, and the kick sounds a bit weak to me.
works good otherwise!

shadowdance, machines&madness are awesome indeed, so its not only modern stuff around here.

randomness
man I love iced earth
/randomness

i was having a really bad time trying to find a good balance volumen wise between guiitars, keys, and vocals but i dunno maybe is an eq problem, still have a lot of work to do whit this mix but it will have to way until january, i have to travel to the another side of the country to see my parents for the holydays...so no more mixing for a few weaks.

Okay just listen to it. I like what I hear :) Though I agree with Mago - vocals are too loud in the mix. I would also put some more reverb/delay on the vocal track. Backingtrack is pretty balanced imo!! Good job, dude!