EPICA! Aussie Fans Needed

Jesus Slaves

Guitar Hero
Oct 20, 2005
Australia
I couldn't see a thread so here it goes.

Epica is a dutch symphonic/proggressive/gothic/ classical metal band. They have been around for about 3 years and were formed by former After Forever member Mark Jansen.

Anyway the band really want's to tour aus and the promoters don't think they have a big enough profile to pay any attention. so my play? get them a bigger profile.

There is a lack of good metal bands touring australia so this is a chance to help both us and them.

A few songs u should check out are cry for the moon, illusive consensus, façade of reality, consign to oblivion, the last crusade but anything by these guys is worth checking out.

the bottom line is check em out tell all your mates and hopefully we can get them out here pretty soon.

if u want more info check out www.epica.nl

so yeah. check em out

well i checked em out, err u were right to classify them as a "symphonic/proggressive/gothic/ classical metal band".
however they dont realy do it for me, and form what ive seen most ppl here seem to like black death or nu metals. i guess u could say the genre is too specific? frankly i cant see u getting enough fans together to draw a crowd, unless they appeard at 'overcranked' or one of the big metal shows.

etnies said:
well i checked em out, err u were right to classify them as a "symphonic/proggressive/gothic/ classical metal band".
however they dont realy do it for me, and form what ive seen most ppl here seem to like black death or nu metals. i guess u could say the genre is too specific? frankly i cant see u getting enough fans together to draw a crowd, unless they appeard at 'overcranked' or one of the big metal shows.
I dunno, the hardcore scene is stronger than the nu-metal scene where I live...Maybe that show at Luna Park in March? Get them doing support so at the very least they can come out for a bit...

EDIT:Care to post links to MP3 samples? This sorta stuff looks like it'd be right up my alley and my Limewire is stuffed...