Epica "The Classical Conspiracy" to take place in June

Apr 10, 2006
Pawtucket, RI
"The Miskolc International Opera Festival proudly announces that Epica will be performing a classical show with symphonic orchestra and choir.

The „Epica: The Classical Conspiracy Show” is going to be a very unique event, because the Dutch symphonic-metal band will play a very specific musical programme. They will perform classical pieces from Mozart, Dvorak, Verdi, Orff, Prokofiev, Grieg, Vivaldi in Epica’s style and of course symphonic versions of Epica songs. Some Epica songs will be rewritten - to make it more bombastic - only for this event. Moreover there will be other surprises as well.

The Epica classical show is going to start on 14.06.2008 (Saturday) 21h in the Miskolc Ice Hall. The fans all around the world can get tickets from the Epica Webshop as soon as possible. The ticketprice is 40 Euros."

(source: www.epica.nl)

...I really wish I had the money for this. I love Epica, and I was just thinking the other day how awesome it'd be to see them with an orchestra.

Wow! This will no doubt be awesome for anyone who attends. Sadly, that will not include me. Maybe they make a DVD of it.

Yeah, I won't be able to attend either, seeing as it's in Hungary. This is definitely a performance I'd love to be able to see. I'd love a DVD of it, but I'm not holding my breath.

And, Ryan...I don't agree. I think this would be a great show. And, I don't think the name is meant to imply they're using an orchestra for the CD. I think it's just because The Divine Conspiracy is their latest CD. I don't think they'll only be performing tracks off TDC. I still don't think it's a "meh" CD by any means. :lol:

Don't they already have a DVD in the works from a concert this past year? Unless they scrap that, I don't know why they'd do another DVD.

Christ, the speed at which Vivaldi, Mozart and such'll be spinning in their graves may generate enough force to hurl the Earth from it's axis. Epica must be stopped! :lol:

Don't they already have a DVD in the works from a concert this past year? Unless they scrap that, I don't know why they'd do another DVD.
Because people will buy it. Regardless of you personal preferences (and I'm not saying you are wrong for having them), Epica is probably one of the top 5 or 6 biggest female-fronted metal bands in the world. (That's an estimation, but I'm guessing it's between them and Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Arch Enemy, Within Temptation, and After Forever.)

Why not make another DVD if you know your fans are going to buy it?
I would pay 40 bucks to see them recite the contents of a grocery list.

To each his own.
I don't know if I'd go that far, but I do like Epica and if they put out two DVDs in the next year, I'd buy both of them. :headbang:

Because people will buy it. Regardless of you personal preferences (and I'm not saying you are wrong for having them), Epica is probably one of the top 5 or 6 biggest female-fronted metal bands in the world. (That's an estimation, but I'm guessing it's between them and Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Arch Enemy, Within Temptation, and After Forever.)

Why not make another DVD if you know your fans are going to buy it?

I don't know if I'd go that far, but I do like Epica and if they put out two DVDs in the next year, I'd buy both of them. :headbang:

The difference in popularity between a band like Epica and Within Temptation is HUGE. Within Temptation practically sold out a large venue in NYC w/ a crappy opener. Epica maybe had 150 people with a better overall bill. After Forever & Epica are left in the dust by all the other bands you mentioned. This has nothing to do with how much I like their music. If Kamelot decided they needed to release another DVD w/o having even released A Cold Winter's Night yet, I'd honestly be annoyed and they're one of my favourite bands. Perhaps they simply should have waited on the DVD in the first place. Of course, I thought "We Will Take You With Us" was one of the worst music DVDs I've ever watched and would have been 100x better simply as a bonus disc for a special edition of Phantom Agony rather than a completely different product. I'm kind of pissed I spent money on the thing.

Of course, this is on the assumption that they'll make a DVD of this. If they want to go with it, the other concert should be bonus material on the new DVD not two seperate DVDs.

Even though you're just naming bands that have a female vocalist, adding Arch Enemy in there is weird. :lol:

Pellaz said:
In the U.S., Arch Enemy is far bigger than any band listed there except Lacuna Coil and Nightwish (and Evanescence, I suppose).

I agree with Empress in that I don't really think of "female-fronted band" when I hear Arch Enemy :lol:

Yeah I think I remember reading your 2nd grade review of them somewhere.
:lol: That review caused quite the shitstorm over on the Epica boards...just classic. But I'd love to see this concert. I was wondering about that Paradisio DVD as well...I'll have to ask about that.

BTW Zach, I didn't know you perused this forum...first time I've seen you post here.