Epica "The Classical Conspiracy" to take place in June

I saw that in Montreal. NYC sold out before I got tickets. I ended up leaving after WT played so I could get home at a somewhat reasonable hour (3 am instead of 5). Stolen Babies was awesome as well. Then I saw WT again in NYC the same weekend I saw Epica. The only downside is that WT REALLY needs to play older songs besides the singles from Mother Earth & Silent Force. I want to hear songs like Jillian, Dark Wings, Aquarius, and especially, anything pre Mother Earth.

Seconded. But hopefully that was not the last time WT will be coming over here. Now that they know they have enough fans to aid in selling out a NYC venue. We can hope for older stuff next time.

Yep the hottest chicks tour. I went to see Within Temptation and Stolen Babies. Stolen Babies is really quite awesome, way different from the other bands there. And Within Temptaion's debut here in the states was damn good. You could tell they didn't really know just how popular they were over here.
I really liked every band on that tour, although, I like Within Temptation best by far. I do agree that while on that tour they didn't know just how popular they were over here, however when they returned for headlining dates later in the year they had a better idea of just how popular they had gotten (The Heart of Everything did a lot for them in the states. I had people standing behind me at Recher Theater that didn't know See Who I Am, but knew What Have You Done because it got radio play). Fortunately they didn't really let it go to their heads and were still classy enough to come out after the show and sign autographs and take pictures. :headbang:

RE: Hottest Chicks Tour - I know most other folks on this forum don't really dig In This Moment, but I really like them and enjoyed their performance on that tour. Stolen Babies is amazing and a breath of fresh air from most of the other female-fronted metal out there ... that is assuming you don't mind crazy carnival metal. :heh:
The only downside is that WT REALLY needs to play older songs besides the singles from Mother Earth & Silent Force. I want to hear songs like Jillian, Dark Wings, Aquarius, and especially, anything pre Mother Earth.
I was really happy that they played the majority of Silent Force when they headlined in Baltimore (as it is my favorite WT album). I know they played Aquarius and I'm pretty certain that they also played Jillian, Forsaken (I almost shit myself), Angels, and Memories. I want to say that they also played good mix of Mother Earth - more than just Ice Queen, if I remember correctly, and I think Mother Earth and Deceiver of Fools. I'm sure they played more off both those albums, but those are the particular songs that come to mind right now. I only just recently got Enter at this year's ProgPower (which hasn't struck a chord with me yet as much as Silent Force - do you have favorite tracks?) and I don't have The Dance, so I wouldn't be able to tell you what they played off of those albums. But I was glad to hear them at least mix up a good amount of the last three albums, rather than just focusing on The Heart of Everything (although I do really love that album as well).

I saw that in Montreal. NYC sold out before I got tickets. I ended up leaving after WT played so I could get home at a somewhat reasonable hour (3 am instead of 5). Stolen Babies was awesome as well. Then I saw WT again in NYC the same weekend I saw Epica. The only downside is that WT REALLY needs to play older songs besides the singles from Mother Earth & Silent Force. I want to hear songs like Jillian, Dark Wings, Aquarius, and especially, anything pre Mother Earth.

Amen! I went to the hottest chicks show just to hear Stand My Ground, Mother Earth, Ice Queen by WT and My Wings by LC. The entire rest of the show I could have skipped and not cared much. Good thing I got my tickets for free. :D

The WT headlining show was much better... well no, I think I only went there for 4 songs, as well (Deceiver of Fools made up for the lack of My Wings... but I'm not sure WHAT could have made up for that horrible I'm-happy-I'm-goth opener). :lol: I guess it's a good thing I got those tickets for free, too! :D

But definitely, they PACKED Irving. I suspect they'd play at the Nokia next time they're here.