Epica US Headlining Tour

Jibrille

Mar 1, 2005
Albany NY
Looks like some Epica dates were just released (info from The Vault just like the Nightwish ones... .hmmmmm).

Blabbermouth Article

According to The Vault, Dutch female-fronted symphonic metal band EPICA has lined up the following North American dates in the fall:

Sep. 06 - Webster Theater - Hartford, CT
Sep. 07 - The Chance - Poughkeepsie, NY
Sep. 09 - HighLine Ballroom - New York City, NY
Sep. 18 - Pearl Room - Mokena, IL

More shows are expected to be added.
EPICA is currently recording its new album at Gate Studios in Wolfsburg, Germany. The CD, which is being produced by Sascha Paeth, will feature a session appearance by GOD DETHRONED drummer Ariën van Weesenbeek. EPICA has yet to name a full-time drummer following the departure of Jeroen Simons in 2006.

EPICA's previously announced live DVD, which was filmed on May 4, 2006 at Paradiso in Amsterdam, Holland, has been delayed until later this year, according to a posting on the group's official web site. The band's latest album, "Consign to Oblivion", was recorded in early 2005 and features a guest contribution from KAMELOT vocalist Roy Khan.

Interesting that the NYC show isn't at BB Kings.

Also interesting how there's been a number of tours announced for the fall in the US and not a single one of them are touring together thus far.

I would love it if they played a date in NC but I really doubt that will happen. The bad thing is its really close to PP and while I would love to travel to Jaxx and see them if they play there....I am already going to Jaxx to see Kamelot and then heading to Atlanta for PP not much later than that so I'm gonna be low on cash. However, if some miracle happened and they played in NC, I would be there.

Also interesting how there's been a number of tours announced for the fall in the US and not a single one of them are touring together thus far.
About time. There ARE other clubs and B.B. Kings is getting rather proprietary and they are way too expensive.

Looks like some Epica dates were just released (info from The Vault just like the Nightwish ones... .hmmmmm).

Blabbermouth Article

SWEET! I also am curious about the same things. BB Kings is a very nice venue where ever I have seen it and or been to one.

About time. There ARE other clubs and B.B. Kings is getting rather proprietary and they are way too expensive.

Well, L'amours was the "main" metal club in the NYC area until it closed down. I usually try to skip NYC altogether if I can. If a band is playing somewhere else in the New England area, I'll usually make that trip. Unless it becomes an issue of weekend vs weekday. Not having to pay for a train saves me a lot of money. BB Kings also became quick to raise metal concert ticket prices after their first Nightwish show. There's also a few fishy things about the club I don't like. Despite "sellouts" they usually have tickets at the door for a handful of people that show up early enough. These tickets are usually $10-$20 over ticket price and, according to my friend, the money directly went into an employee's pocket. Then, a few weeks later, I came across a DVD bootleg on Ebay of a US show. Of the screenshots, I know the band was wearing exactly what they did in NYC and the club had a video camera up displaying the show on screens on either side of the stage. The screens also seemed about the right distance from where the cameras has been. Could have been a coincidence but it just seemed really suspicious at the time.

Anyway, I may be seeing this show at The Chance but not sure if I'll be able to afford another concert. With PP, Kamelot, & Nightwish already happening around the same time, money is going to get tight. Epica kind of falls low on the list of bands I need to see again. I'd likely attend another After Forever show if they make a tour of this.

I WAS really excited. For nothing, obviously because I'm not going to fucking see them because like always Florida doesn't get ANY shows. Really not happy about this, one of my "new" favorite bands.

Well, L'amours was the "main" metal club in the NYC area until it closed down. I usually try to skip NYC altogether if I can. If a band is playing somewhere else in the New England area, I'll usually make that trip. Unless it becomes an issue of weekend vs weekday. Not having to pay for a train saves me a lot of money. BB Kings also became quick to raise metal concert ticket prices after their first Nightwish show. There's also a few fishy things about the club I don't like. Despite "sellouts" they usually have tickets at the door for a handful of people that show up early enough. These tickets are usually $10-$20 over ticket price and, according to my friend, the money directly went into an employee's pocket. Then, a few weeks later, I came across a DVD bootleg on Ebay of a US show. Of the screenshots, I know the band was wearing exactly what they did in NYC and the club had a video camera up displaying the show on screens on either side of the stage. The screens also seemed about the right distance from where the cameras has been. Could have been a coincidence but it just seemed really suspicious at the time.

Anyway, I may be seeing this show at The Chance but not sure if I'll be able to afford another concert. With PP, Kamelot, & Nightwish already happening around the same time, money is going to get tight. Epica kind of falls low on the list of bands I need to see again. I'd likely attend another After Forever show if they make a tour of this.
I HATED L'Amours. It was a dump and they would over-sell for big names. I remember seeing Nightwish there the Sunday after ProgPower (went straight from the airport :rolleyes: ) and we were crammed in so tight you could hardly breathe, much less headbang and it was unbearably hot. I never managed to work my way anywhere past the little spot where I was standing, so forget about getting a drink or using the restroom. :mad: I don't miss that place at all! :ill:

You're totally right about B.B. King's. I've experienced all the same things. Their ticket prices are ALWAYS higher than anyone elses on each tour and some bands have told me they take a bigger cut of the merch. Not only that, they have this ridiculous V.I.P. ticket thing where if you pay you can go in early. They do if for every show. Here's an example of tonight's prices:
$25.00 Advance
$28.00 Day of Show
$50.00 VIP ticket includes first entry into room at door time and autographed poster.
and this isn't a "big" show. For Emperor it's $55/ticked in advance and $100 for VIP.
And do I have to mention the $7/beer again? Probably not since I've bitched about it enough on this forum. :lol:

Still dying to get up to the Chance where I hung out in the 80's. Gotta make a special trip one of these days. I'll definitely be at the show at the Highline BR in NYC. Haven't been there yet, hope it's decent.

I just picked up Consign to Oblivion and have been killing that cd. Like 3 times a day. I'm extremely psyched to see that they'll be in Hartford. I'll certainly be there!