Epica US Headlining Tour

VISIONS OF ATLANTIS to tour with Epica:

from blabbermouth.net
According to a posting on the web site of Seattle's Studio Seven venue, Austrian/American "epic metal" band VISIONS OF ATLANTIS will support Dutch symphonic metal act EPICA on their upcoming North American tour, which is scheduled to kick off in early September. Tentative dates so far are as follows:

Sep. 06 - Hartford, CT @ Webster Theater
Sep. 07 - Poughkeepsie, NY @ The Chance
Sep. 09 - New York, NY @ The HighLine Ballroom
Sep. 18 - Mokena, IL @ The Pearl Room
Sep. 22 - Seattle, WA @ Studio Seven
Sep. 25 - Hollywood, CA @ Whisky A Go Go

VISIONS OF ATLANTIS has set "Trinity" as the title of its third album, tentatively due in March via Napalm Records. The CD's cover artwork was created by Anthony Clarkson, who has previously worked with BLIND GUARDIAN, HYPOCRISY and EXODUS, among others. "The band felt he could capture the essence of the new phase of the band, which he did beautifully," the group wrote in an online update.

With regards to the album title, the band said, "Trinity stands for many things. For one, it is the third album (most obvious). There are also three new members, and three new influences in the music making. The band all agreed in June that would be the title and thus, worked from there. [In addition] the album is due out in March 2007 (third month)."

On the subject of the band's musical approach on the new CD, the group wrote, "Expect something different from this music, heavier music, mature and more introspective lyrics, grandiose symphonic parts, yet still keeping the band roots for writing songs that are accessible and sing-a-long-able."

"Trinity" will mark VISIONS OF ATLANTIS' first release since the addition of professional soprano singer Melissa Ferlaak from Minneapolis, Minnesota. Ferlaak graduated with a master's degree from New England Conservatory in Boston, Massachusetts in 2003 for vocal performance and has worked in the operatic field, most recently as Musetta in "La Boheme", and has been singing with AESMA DAEVA.

As previously reported, VISIONS OF ATLANTIS has posted two video clips from the group's appearance at the the Metal Female Voices Fest 4 on October 21, 2006 at Oktoberhallen in Wieze, Belgium:

"Send Me a Light" (video)
"State of Suspense" (video)

VISIONS OF ATLANTIS released its last album, "Cast Away", in November 2004 through Napalm Records.

"Trinity" will mark VISIONS OF ATLANTIS' first release since the addition of professional soprano singer Melissa Ferlaak from Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Awesome news! I finally get to see our local-girl-done-good vocalist in her new band! She has an awesome voice :worship:

I, too, have been killing Consign To Oblivion. When Epica came through last time, I had just gotten it and didn't know it well. Since then, I've been playing the crap out of it. Totally awesome. Should be a great tour!

I WAS really excited. For nothing, obviously because I'm not going to fucking see them because like always Florida doesn't get ANY shows. Really not happy about this, one of my "new" favorite bands.

Well considering there's 9 days between the NY show and IL, don't count out Florida getting a show just yet.

Visions of Atlantis are proud to announce the first North American tour supporting EPICA! The tour will support the release of 'Trinity' and Visions of Atlantis are really excited about their first adventure in the new world. Especially since it's Melissa's home territory :). Be sure to check the dates and secure your tickets in advance. See you on the road!

05.09.2007 USA - West Springfield VA, Jaxx
06.09.2007 USA - Hartford CT, Webster Theatre
07.09.2007 USA - Pughkeepsie NY, The Chance
08.09.2007 USA - Bedford NH, Mark's Place
09.09.2007 USA - New York City NY, Highline Ballroom
14.09.2007 CAN - Toronto ONT, The Funhouse
15.09.2007 USA - Cleveland OH, Peabody's
16.09.2007 USA - Detroit MI, I-Rock
18.09.2007 USA - Mokena IL, The Pearl Room
19.09.2007 USA - St. Paul MN, Station 4
22.09.2007 USA - Seattle WA, Studio Seven
25.09.2007 USA - West Hollywood CA, Whiskey a Go Go
27.09.2007 MEX - Mexicali, The Metro
30.09.2007 USA - San Antonio TX, Sanctuary
01.10.2007 USA - Houston TX, Meridian

~~~

I'm hazarding a guess that these are the final dates, unless EPICA is playing somewhere that VoA is not supporting(?). Either way, they have - as usual - skipped the entire southeastern U.S. :Smug: hrmmm... Unless of course VoA or EPICA are going to come on to Atlanta on Oct 4th to play the ProgPower Showcase?! :kickass:

hey, a man can dream, can't he? :p

Visions of Atlantis are proud to announce the first North American tour supporting EPICA! The tour will support the release of 'Trinity' and Visions of Atlantis are really excited about their first adventure in the new world. Especially since it's Melissa's home territory :). Be sure to check the dates and secure your tickets in advance. See you on the road!

05.09.2007 USA - West Springfield VA, Jaxx
06.09.2007 USA - Hartford CT, Webster Theatre
07.09.2007 USA - Pughkeepsie NY, The Chance
08.09.2007 USA - Bedford NH, Mark's Place
09.09.2007 USA - New York City NY, Highline Ballroom
14.09.2007 CAN - Toronto ONT, The Funhouse
15.09.2007 USA - Cleveland OH, Peabody's
16.09.2007 USA - Detroit MI, I-Rock
18.09.2007 USA - Mokena IL, The Pearl Room
19.09.2007 USA - St. Paul MN, Station 4
22.09.2007 USA - Seattle WA, Studio Seven
25.09.2007 USA - West Hollywood CA, Whiskey a Go Go
27.09.2007 MEX - Mexicali, The Metro
30.09.2007 USA - San Antonio TX, Sanctuary
01.10.2007 USA - Houston TX, Meridian

~~~

I'm hazarding a guess that these are the final dates, unless EPICA is playing somewhere that VoA is not supporting(?). Either way, they have - as usual - skipped the entire southeastern U.S. :Smug: hrmmm... Unless of course VoA or EPICA are going to come on to Atlanta on Oct 4th to play the ProgPower Showcase?! :kickass:

hey, a man can dream, can't he? :p

:Smug: