eq settings for C tuning

goth_fiend

happiness is jagermiester
Jan 15, 2004
california
alright guys im in a bit of a problem here, my band is starting to cover angels dont kill (which no shits in C) but all of are amps are WWWWAAAAYYYY too bassy for this song, what do you guys think would be a good setting on the bass Eq for this song (i should mention im all rack so that will complicate things a bit-no biggy) also the bass guitar sounds like its tuned down a 1 1/2 to me, is that correct as well or is it down 1 step or standard?

sounds right to me in drop c#, i will try c as well, but im ampless until tomorrow so we will see how it goes (retubing the gp-1000 and all that good stuff)

goth_fiend said:
sounds right to me in drop c#, i will try c as well, but im ampless until tomorrow so we will see how it goes (retubing the gp-1000 and all that good stuff)
what tubes are you using, i just threw some GT silver seies chinese tubes in mine, and i still hate it.

ive got groove tubes in mine, i use it in stereo with my chamelion( i use it with more bass then the gp-1000 to counter its problem) its a good preamp, but it does have its faults