Eqing out low end flub on downtuned guitar tracks?

nearly everyone here would say waves c4 i guess. ;) it is inded a really good mb. if you have a uad card the precision mb is also very useful but its big latency sucks.

Reaxcomp is free but it ain´t crap, it´s the best you can get if you don´t wanna pirate some waves plugs (we all know your age and your budget sonny, you won´t and shouldn´t spend huge amounts of cash on plugins)

I'll try it out then, I've already got it in Reaper so i might as well :D

I don´t think so. There are a lot of good productions done without one. Although it is nice to have one it is definately not a must. It only seems to be a must in this forum (like using 5150, rectifier, emg 81, etc.).

From personal experience, I've found that TS' are pretty useful things to have in a chain, both the real pedals and the sims.

As to whether they are only a "must" on this particular forum I can not say, but I would put to you that if they weren't useful, then they would have gone extinct some time ago.

As for the 5150s and the Mesas, well it looks as though you have at least two of them in your sig, so.....

No offense to your agile, but I've tried recording a few bands with them, they were dropped to A.. It sounded like shit. I then recorded the same thing, having them use my carvin with painkillers in it, and the problem was gone. I then had them use a standard mahogany/emgPU guitar, and it sounded better than the agile as well.

It's not your guitar, necessarily but probably the fact that you have the stock pickups in it.

No offense to your agile, but I've tried recording a few bands with them, they were dropped to A.. It sounded like shit. I then recorded the same thing, having them use my carvin with painkillers in it, and the problem was gone. I then had them use a standard mahogany/emgPU guitar, and it sounded better than the agile as well.

It's not your guitar, necessarily but probably the fact that you have the stock pickups in it.

The stock pickups in my 828 are based on Lundgren M8s. Some people like them and some people don't. As stock pups go, I think they are very good. I know that some people prefer a BKP Warpig or a Cold Sweat in their 8s, but I personally can't rationalize the expense given the quality of the stock pup in there now.

String gauge is another important factor here as well. Right now my low E is a .072 or .075, I can't remember, but I'm happy w/ the gauge.

Good guitar tones are, of course, a highly subjective thing, as we all know. For instance, some people like actives and some people prefer passives. I had a guitar w/ actives in it, a Schecter Hellraiser, and I never could get a tone I liked out of it. This doesn't men that someone couldn't, it just means that EMGs just aren't my thing.

Getting back to the original point of my thread, I found that my 828 has responded best to the HiBrit sim. The other ones I tried, Lecto, 456, LeGION, Juicy 77, Preampus C-15 and 60, and the X30s, worked fine when I kept things above C#, but weren't giving me the results I was looking for when I was using all 8 strings.

From personal experience, I've found that TS' are pretty useful things to have in a chain, both the real pedals and the sims.

As to whether they are only a "must" on this particular forum I can not say, but I would put to you that if they weren't useful, then they would have gone extinct some time ago.

As for the 5150s and the Mesas, well it looks as though you have at least two of them in your sig, so.....

i agree 100% that a tube screamer is a very nice tool to get some juicy mids and to control the lowend. i just wanted to point out that it is not the only way.

and yes, i have a peavey and a rectifier ´cause they are great amps (especially for metal) but they are not the only ones.

all i wanted to say is that there a many ways to achieve a good sound and that there is no "must".