Help Odd noise on my guitar tracks

Dec 29, 2009
Hey guys i'm experiencing a weird background noise on my guitar tracks it's not a big deal but can be pretty annoying sometimes so i prefer to get rid of it. i've tried several noise gates,eq,changing cables,strings and that stuff and nothing seems to work so I thought it might be related to my guitar or my pc.
i record direct using amp sims. the noise is more noticeable depending of what amp sim and gain level i'm using.

this is my gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 2006 with Emg's(81/85)
planet waves custom pro series Cables
Mbox 3 interface
Amp sims and impulses
Reaper DAW

Here's a short random clip i've recorded with tse x30 and impulses(ignore my awful playing and tone please): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10987496/Freaking%20noiseee.mp3

any of you have experienced something similar before?
any advice?

I used to have a similar issue. When I bought a better quality interface it cured it, I'm not sure what would work for you to be honest but I hope you get it sorted soon.

Thanks vicioushead!well I believed the new mbox 3 was a good interface it replaced my old ux2... is just so weird i've tried almost everything.. :(

I have that with my interface(100$ line6 Pod Studio GX). That noise is annoying as fuck sometimes, it especially becomes louder when using more gain on the guitars.
What I do to cure it is a simple C1 gate(depending on how much distortion are on guitars) For me, anything below -65dB I cut and noise is entirely gone.

Also, try to put your interface in a different spot maybe. I found that there was some interference with something else(can't remember if it was the pc, mouse, or the guitar). Basically, just try to put your interface further back away from the guitar or whatever's causing the interference(I don't know what that might be in your case).

Good luck, hope this helps

I have that with my interface(100$ line6 Pod Studio GX). That noise is annoying as fuck sometimes, it especially becomes louder when using more gain on the guitars.
What I do to cure it is a simple C1 gate(depending on how much distortion are on guitars) For me, anything below -65dB I cut and noise is entirely gone.

Also, try to put your interface in a different spot maybe. I found that there was some interference with something else(can't remember if it was the pc, mouse, or the guitar). Basically, just try to put your interface further back away from the guitar or whatever's causing the interference(I don't know what that might be in your case).

Good luck, hope this helps

Thanks bro i'm using the waves c1 too., it just cut the noise while i'm not playing but as soon as i play for example a palm muted riff it starts again. is becoming really annoying i've messed with different settings but nothing seems to work i'll try to my move interface to see if it works.

thats a good idea hope someone near me could lend me one.. damm

Hey guys i'm experiencing a weird background noise on my guitar tracks it's not a big deal but can be pretty annoying sometimes so i prefer to get rid of it. i've tried several noise gates,eq,changing cables,strings and that stuff and nothing seems to work so I thought it might be related to my guitar or my pc.
i record direct using amp sims. the noise is more noticeable depending of what amp sim and gain level i'm using.

this is my gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 2006 with Emg's(81/85)
planet waves custom pro series Cables
Mbox 3 interface
Amp sims and impulses
Reaper DAW

Here's a short random clip i've recorded with tse x30 and impulses(ignore my awful playing and tone please): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10987496/Freaking noiseee.mp3

any of you have experienced something similar before?
any advice?

Disable C1E in BIOS. There was actually a similar thread here quite recently. I had this problem for over a year and it went away after I disabled C1E.

Disable C1E in BIOS. There was actually a similar thread here quite recently. I had this problem for over a year and it went away after I disabled C1E.

thanks a lot man!.. i've figured out what was the problem here. was more like a feedback caused by my active pickups near my krk monitors when i walk away it just disappear. i didn't have to change my interface!!!
thanks to everyone for the advices.

thanks man but it didn't work i've disabled this on Bios and nothing my pc(amd) now is much quieter though...this might not be the real problem

That's weird, the sound you hear is exactly like the one I had, I was sure this would fix it. Try facing away from the PC when playing guitar and see if it's any better.

update: nevermind, I see you solved the problem.