Equipment anybody??

nice Derek!.. hopefully my Framus Dragon head and cab will be arriving soon! ha... you have the same desk as me!!

mainsystem.jpg

James! Cool to see we have the same recording desk but I see a much nicer layout with your's especially the dual screen apple setup, eventide etc!. I need more room. The Dragon set up is killer and a perfect match with the Cobra good luck with it man and I know it will be put to good use.

Derek :headbang:

Hi Rick Rannoch!!!

What kind of ESP LTD is the seven string with EMG you have? I used an Ibanez RG7321 but the neck seems too strange (kind of flat, kind of biiig frets...) and I really like the feel and neck of my Squier Stratocaster.

Your is similar to a Strato in feeling? And the model you have is still in production?

Let me know, please!!!

And DEREK!!! The sculpture with the agony face on your wall is AWESOME!!!!

Hi Rick Rannoch!!!

What kind of ESP LTD is the seven string with EMG you have? I used an Ibanez RG7321 but the neck seems too strange (kind of flat, kind of biiig frets...) and I really like the feel and neck of my Squier Stratocaster.

Your is similar to a Strato in feeling? And the model you have is still in production?

Let me know, please!!!

Hi Fabbio

The model is an ESP Ltd H-307. It's not really like a Strat in feel....more like a Jackson soloist I would say, but obviously with a wider neck. In fact the neck is even wider than the Ibanez 7 strings (about 1cm wider at the 24th fret). Quite a shallow neck profile and it's a thru-neck. Pickups are EMG 707's. The original EMG-Hz's sounded like shit so I replaced them. Unfortunately, I think ESP have ceased producing this particular model (?!?) but you might be able to find one second hand. Hope that's helped...

ESP_H307.jpg

Hi,i think i am going to buy an Esp ltd M-1000deluxe.Do you guys have been played it before or recommend me some other models if you want.

PS: I play Death/Thrash metal

The only thing i Know about esp is that Alexi Laiho has the coolest signature model ever. And do you guys know what the greatest selling signature model of all time is? The answer is obvious yet surprising for some reason, the Les Paul!! :p

I like Dave Mustaines sig...

I really want an ESP but standard line esps start at like 1300 new...Thats a lot of money. I guess it's ebay for an affordable one..and how are ltds?

The model is an ESP Ltd H-307. It's not really like a Strat in feel....more like a Jackson soloist I would say, but obviously with a wider neck. In fact the neck is even wider than the Ibanez 7 strings (about 1cm wider at the 24th fret). Quite a shallow neck profile and it's a thru-neck. Pickups are EMG 707's. The original EMG-Hz's sounded like shit so I replaced them. Unfortunately, I think ESP have ceased producing this particular model (?!?) but you might be able to find one second hand. Hope that's helped...

Thanks, Rick!!! In the close up photo this guitar is even better looking!!!
I still have hold of the Ibanez RG7321, and placing the 707 on it would be the right choice since the passive standard Ibanez humbucker is good but not good as an EMG active.

I like the single coil splitting though and I don't know if it's possible to place only one EMG 707 on the bridge and keeping the neck pckup passive with the split sigle coil. I would not be able to do it for sure... o_O

I will check the second hand stores here in Milan and if the bargain would come for an ESP like yours I will pick up one for sure!!! :headbang:

as we talk about equipment here, I have a question for James:

I like very much the tone of your acoustic guitar in songs like "Touching The Earth" (Convergence) or the acoustic versions of "Return To Serenity", "The Legacy", "Trail Of Tears" recorded by Testament (I have those on my european version of the "Live at Fillmore" EP).

do you remember what was the model(s) of the guitar(s) you used for those recordings? do you remember what type of effects was added on those tracks? (chorus? delay?)

thanx!

Freak Guitar said:
Slow down James...I can't catch up. :yell:

75551954_l.jpg

75551516_l.jpg

Derek...I can't even compete...bastard...

:headbang:

C'mon you got an AWESOME setup man, I'm getting my 1st Dellinger this week which will be either of the ones you have. :headbang: Which do you like better?

Derek

Rocksolidamps said:
C'mon you got an AWESOME setup man, I'm getting my 1st Dellinger this week which will be either of the ones you have. :headbang: Which do you like better?

Derek
Yes..thanks to you selling me my Engl. :worship:

Well my black one I've had for about 3 years, and it is an out of production model called the Through And Through. There is nothing like it. Once I get my Dellinger nice and setup in B I can really give a full review, but so far...IT'S AWESOME!

Freak Guitar said:
Yes..thanks to you selling me my Engl. :worship:

Well my black one I've had for about 3 years, and it is an out of production model called the Through And Through. There is nothing like it. Once I get my Dellinger nice and setup in B I can really give a full review, but so far...IT'S AWESOME!

What kind of humbuckers do you have in that TAT-HH? They look wierd?

Heres what I use at the moment, I have plenty of other crap that doesnt get used all that much.

PA240006.JPG

The box is a laney, nothing special. I'm thinking about getting a new box.

PIC_0012.JPG

I have a couple of other guitars but I dont have pics of em.

i might post pictures later...i'll just list what i have for now.

BC Rich Ironbird Platinum (love it...stock pickups too)
Danelectro Black Licorice Distortion (say what you will about Dan-o stuff, but i like it)
Danelectro Delay
Marshall G100RCD head
Marshall MG412 cab

i record on a tascam portastudio mkII 4-track, then edit/mix/master on my computer (except for quick little demos, i just go straight to my computer)...computer isn't anything remarkable. i have a yamaha dd55 for drums (which i'm not too good at :zipit:) and an LTD B-50 for bass tracks. i produced an EP a few months ago and i might post one or two songs up...i'm just honestly not a huge fan of them because my playing has improved immensely since i recorded it.

heres my current set-up. Im doing new promo pics next week, ill post them then.

Caparison Guitars: 1 Horus(flat black) 1 Horus(deepblue)
1 Applehorn(sandstone) 1 TAT-SSH(iceberg) 1 Dellinger(twilightblue)
1 Dellinger(transparent dark rose)
1 17th Steet guitar DL Custom model(natural)
Framus Cobra head
TC Electronics G-major
Rocktron Hush super C
BBE Sonic maximizer 422
Korg DTR-2 tuner
Laney GS412IA-GS412IS 4x12 cabs (I get my 2 straight Framus Cobra cabs
in 2 weeks)
Sennheiser EW172 G2 wireless
Dunlop orignal Crybay
MSD Silvermachine Wah
Maxon AD-999
Maxon OD-808
Maxon AF-9
Maxon GE-606
HAO Rustdriver

ihave27frets said:
heres my current set-up. Im doing new promo pics next week, ill post them then.

Caparison Guitars: 1 Horus(flat black) 1 Horus(deepblue)
1 Applehorn(sandstone) 1 TAT-SSH(iceberg) 1 Dellinger(twilightblue)
1 Dellinger(transparent dark rose)
1 17th Steet guitar DL Custom model(natural)
Framus Cobra head
TC Electronics G-major
Rocktron Hush super C
BBE Sonic maximizer 422
Korg DTR-2 tuner
Laney GS412IA-GS412IS 4x12 cabs (I get my 2 straight Framus Cobra cabs
in 2 weeks)
Sennheiser EW172 G2 wireless
Dunlop orignal Crybay
MSD Silvermachine Wah
Maxon AD-999
Maxon OD-808
Maxon AF-9
Maxon GE-606
HAO Rustdriver

Cool So Craig at Dana B Good's gave you the hookup?

Derek