Equipment...

I'm gonna cut'n paste a little from a post I wrote in the musicians forum:

I play an Ibanez RG7620. When I switched to the 7string about 3 years ago the rg7620 was the only other alternative to Vai's Universe, which is waaaay overpriced imo. I tried a custom Schecter 7 string that was very good, but it was like $4000, so not really in my price range. I love the Ibanez, and I'm getting a second one as a backup.
I use a Rocktron Chameleon. This is one of the few preamps that can actually handle a 7 string without becoming muddy. I only use a simple distortion channel and a clean channel, so I'm not exactly utilizing the full potential of the preamp, but it works for me.
Before the poweramp I run the signal through an Alesis 3630 compressor. It's a really cheap stereo rack compressor, but it does the job of tightening up the sound even more.
The power amp is a good old Marshall 8008 Valvestate. I prefer the bite of the transistors to the heat of valves. I have tried some incredible valve amps (mesa triple rec. being an obvious one), but they are too expensive, and too heavy to carry around.
This is finaly cranked out of a rather obscure cabinet with 4 x 12" Eminence speakers.

that's about it

At the time of the recording of the album, I was mainly into Roland-stuff. I was using a Roland XP-50 synthesizer, and an RD-600 piano. I am on the lookout for new stuff new though, so this might just change.

Ray

I just uploaded the gear presentation of our dear mr *M* in the "specials" section of our webzine (click banner in my signature to get there). :)

(M, I tried to stick as close to your design as possible....yep I finally managed to do it :D....if there's anything, you know how to get in touch ;) )