Erik's FORGOTTEN ALBUMS thread #1

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage

Eternal Lies "Spiritual Deception" (2002)

Yes, it's melodeath from 2002. Yes, it's actually good. Yes, it sounds about 80% like a total Eucharist ripoff, which is kind of understandable because they did have two ex-Eucharist members. Noone talks about this album anymore, and I think the band's split up too (been awfully quiet about them since the album release) and it's kind of sad because I think these guys really were on to something:

"Leaving Only Me" MP3

Can't remember if I've talked about these guys before, but anyway, quite recommended for fans of melodic death metal that doesn't forget the "DEATH" part, and especially Eucharist fans, which means oh just about everyone on the forum :)

I own the album. It kicks ass basically. Fast and vicious for being a melodeath album.

UM ate my first edit...

Another forgotten band is SACRILEGE (Swe) that released two excellent albums called "Lost in the beauty you slay" and "The 5th season". In my honest opinion these albums are not far behind the best early works of In Flames And Dark Tranquillity. Featuring current In Flames drummer Daniel Svensson on drums and vocals.

Erik: Please do a yousendit of "Without delight" from Lost in the beauty you slay. I can't, I'm at work right now.

oooo me likey the mp3. I'll have to pick this up. And it sounds like a eucharist ripoff? hmm. have to check them out too.

edit: and yes, I'm quite happy living under this rock called "FUCKING POORASS"

It doesn't help the "FUCKING POORASS" situation when sons of bitches like Erik and everyone else on this forum sleuth around and discover so many good bands :(

Demilich said:
It doesn't help the "FUCKING POORASS" situation when sons of bitches like Erik and everyone else on this forum sleuth around and discover so many good bands :(

yeah, between eric, OIM and snow2fall i'm running out of student loan

meh, all I owe my parents is 1/4 of my tuition + half of whatever my books cost, they cover the rest! [/spoiled brat]

and somehow i'm still having trouble maintaining a bank balance!

heh, i've got a summer of hell in the fishplant and about 3 grand of student loan (after tuition, books, rent and transit fare) for food and other living expenses... thats when I start... that has to last me until the end of june.

/notspoiledbrat

reminds me of when i went to visit buddies up in Ottawa and all they had in the house was 3 beers, a tiny bit of liquor and some celery. And it was February, it was fucking cold. at least they grow weed, so no loss! :loco:

oh dude the next 2 times i went back he made me AWESOME meals including ribs, hash browns, fries, french toast, etc... fuckin awesome. first time was just the wrong time of the year for having money, i guess

don't go dissing the peanut butter and honey sandwich!!!!! great for the munchies and teh hangovers. and no, my buddies are just poor year round. but it's still fun to party with them.