A new, sober, thread about single malt scotch whisky thread.

Had another epic tasting last night amongst a few friends:

Penderyn
Bunnahabian 8 (Macphails Collection)
Glenlivet 1974
Amrut CS
Glenfarclas 17
Compass Box Spice Tree
Compass Box The Lost Blend
Old Pulteney 21
Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban
Kilchoman Machir Bay
Allt-A-Bhainne 15
Clynelish 14
Talisker 18
Bruichladdich Redder Still 1984 CS
Longrow CV
Bruichladdich 1984
Bruichladdich 14 Barolo Cask (1993)
Caol Ila 10 (1999) G&M Connosuiers Choice
Caol Ila CS (2003) G&M
Bruichladdich Infinity 3.1
Ardbeg Perpetuum
Nikka Coffee Grain Whisky
The Glenrothes 1998

Yo can I come to one of these things? I'll pay, I only like like 45 minutes from you now!

Not my place to answer that question. However, you can always come to my place and drink my shit. :loco:

haha nah i understand, it would probably be wasted on me anyway. i know a thing or two about the drink, but most of that stuff is way over my head!

some day, we will get hammered.

Found a 750 ml bottle of Temperance Trader out of Portland, Oregon for $30. Snatched it up. Got in the van, checked the receipt and they had charged me $40. Went back in and and they sent me through no less than three different lines before giving me my money back. Wtf? Will have to find a new liquor store.

I'm guessing some numbskull put the wrong price on the shelf label. I think they were getting close to arguing about it with me - as I was walking out I heard a voice on dudes walkie-talkie talking about me lol. Anyway, I like this stuff. And it has a little Satanic character on the label. Can't beat that!

Bourbon, Satan, a good deal, and you got to piss off some idiots? Definitely go back to that place! Next adventure might be even better.

I can't go back and read all 70 pages of this thread (although I will anyway). Did someone say Four Roses Single Barrel is good? I just bought some because I feel like someone did say that. Did they? Did someone say that? Goddamit answer me.

That's my favourite of everything I've encountered, thus far.

I have about a single dram left of it that I haven't touched for 2 months because once I do the dream is dead. It's only been stocked in stores twice in recent memory, that I'm aware of.

Fuck those fuckers! Move to the US immediately. Although, there is the possibility there won't be any left here either because I will have consumed all of it in typical dorian fashion.

I destroyed that bottle in a week. I'm in front of a campfire in Nowhere, TN drinking another one right now. I found it for under $30. Great bourbon. New favorite.