The scotch thread.

One Inch Man said:
...a bottle of Woodford Reserve for myself, and I smoked an AVO #1 along with some Glenlivet 12 year French Oak which was SPECTACULAR. The AVO was okay, definitely worth the $2.99 mismarked price tag though. :D
Never had the No. 1. I'll say this, the No. 2s are much better than the robustos (my preferred size) so there may be some inconsistency in the line. Anyway, if you felt it was too light bodied, their XO line is stronger/more full flavored.

Let me know what you think of the Woodford.

Zod

Woodford Reserve, just having a small sample right now, very good. Strong but smooth at the same time, I'm impressed.

Shared some Centenario at work today, was some very nice tequila with a little something different in there than I'm used to. I don't think I enjoy it as much as Don Julio, but that's like saying "yeah perfect boobs are nice, but I'm more into flawless asses."
ct_thrash said:
i saw this thread title and at first thought it said "crotch thread"
:tickled:

I've always had a problem with brown liquor. Have rarely had a sip since I threw up on a sixteen year old girl about six years ago... No, give me a mug of beer any day!

beer is good in the summer ... but as soon as the cold weather hits I switch to wine and some other spirits.

Dark beer for winter mates, shit rules. I'm drinking my alltime favorite beer right now, one of my bros got me a 6pack for Xmas, this shit is pretty difficult to get in California (comes from Oregon).

beerlablestout.jpg

Seriously, many here know me as a beer-o-phile, and this has been my #1 since I first tried it about 4 years ago. Mops the floor with even the UK's finest stouts.

Hm Ill have to try that. Most of the specialty beers and ales my favorite pub has are from either Cali or Washington state. Some seriously good shit being brewed up there.

Oh and since we are on the subject of scotch, how about Scotch Ale? It is my favorite alcoholic concoction ever. I really like the McEwans and Tenants Scotch ale. It tastes like ale and scotch, with 10% alcohol--a dream.

So I didn't know that cask strength scotch was a thing until 2020. The only thing keeping me going in 2020? Cask strength scotch.

117.4 proof scotch FTW.

Do yourself a favor and seek out Springbank 12yr Cask Strength. Springbank is the greatest distillery in the world, btw.

My nowadays Scotch and Mezcal collection is pretty sick. I'm gonna need to rent out an apartment just to store my music, books, and booze.

Reactions: NAD
Also, the prices discussed in this thread make me sad. I wish I had hoarded this shit 15 years ago when I was a one or two bottle at a time kind-of-guy instead of these past 7 or so years when the market has become absurd.

I've never even heard of Sprinkbang so I am on it right now. Holy shit that's expensive, but okay I'll save up.

Balvenie, Oban, and now Aberlour are my jam. Definitely into the sweeter realm as opposed to smokey, although I do buy a bottle of Lagavulin once every few years just to put some more hair on my chest.

"There have been others, to be sure."
--David Lo Pan