Cannibal Corpse is the most insane band on the planet. Seriously.

hahah, i did some searching on the nevermore forum and found a two-year old post of something i told one of the cc fans. enjoy...

"i think it is fun to see how moronic most of you really are. please, the joke is over, you can start posting like a normal, intelligent human being now instead of some lame, pathetic, naieve, social incompetent with no real view of the real world. wait, you weren'tt joking, were you? you were actually SERIOUS about some of that stuff you said. alas, i was prepared for similar responses and can't say we were surprised in the least at the stupidity we find here and laugh so heartily at. when you show that you have a semi-cohesive grasp on life, then we will leave you to your own misery at this waste of a message board. fuck, if it weren't for me and ledmag, you probably wouldn't get five posts a day here. you should respect us. but you probably can't see past your own nose, which is fine. i never expected any welcome epiphanies from such a short-sighted, ignorant being such as yourself. you will probably never see it, and you will be doomed to a meaningless life bent on insignificant selfish ideals. by 30 you will wonder what is wrong. by 40 you may realize an inch of your own failings. after that, you will spend your days waiting to die -- it will be a welcome absence. what is one insignificant life anyway? i suggest you find a grasp on reality VERY fast, or you may actually believe in what you say and what you think you stand for. but you probably won't. you will probably post some pitiful rebuttal of some sort, which is also fine. it only proves my point further. you may carry on."

:lol: :lol: damn, i was a cold bastard back in the day!

bringing this back to topic :)

i wonder if the NY date for CC will be rescheduled somewhere else, now that Lamours is closed?

another tour I am looking forward to is Morbid Angel/Suffocation/Satyricon ... I cannot wait to see MA and Suffo ...

lurch70 said:
i wonder if the NY date for CC will be rescheduled somewhere else, now that Lamours is closed?
I have to assume they'll find a new location. Agalloch couldn't reschedule because they were already on the road and therefore didn't have time.

This is New York City - playing host to 1000 bars and venues. I don't understand the obsession that bands had with playing at L'Amours anyway. Solid history, shit venue.

This is New York City - playing host to 1000 bars and venues. I don't understand the obsession that bands had with playing at L'Amours anyway. Solid history, shit venue.
I think Lamours has a built in audience already. People that follow the gigs there and show up regardless. And is probably cheaper than to book in Manhattan.

BB King's where MA will be playing, is a good venue and there is another place somewhere in the 20's on the West Side, Downtime I believe, that has some good bands sometimes and is not advertised much. Skinless played there last weekend, me thinks.

Bottom line is, I think Brooklyn is just cheaper to book than the city.
I am sure that Lamours will be back in one form or another.

Black Winter Day said:
"i think it is fun to see how moronic most of you really are. please, the joke is over, you can start posting like a normal, intelligent human being now instead of some lame, pathetic, naieve, social incompetent with no real view of the real world. wait, you weren'tt joking, were you? you were actually SERIOUS about some of that stuff you said. alas, i was prepared for similar responses and can't say we were surprised in the least at the stupidity we find here and laugh so heartily at. when you show that you have a semi-cohesive grasp on life, then we will leave you to your own misery at this waste of a message board. fuck, if it weren't for me and ledmag, you probably wouldn't get five posts a day here. you should respect us. but you probably can't see past your own nose, which is fine. i never expected any welcome epiphanies from such a short-sighted, ignorant being such as yourself. you will probably never see it, and you will be doomed to a meaningless life bent on insignificant selfish ideals. by 30 you will wonder what is wrong. by 40 you may realize an inch of your own failings. after that, you will spend your days waiting to die -- it will be a welcome absence. what is one insignificant life anyway? i suggest you find a grasp on reality VERY fast, or you may actually believe in what you say and what you think you stand for. but you probably won't. you will probably post some pitiful rebuttal of some sort, which is also fine. it only proves my point further. you may carry on."
:lol: That's funny because that's almost exactly what I've been saying about this girl I fell out with a few days back. Class! :D

For the record, stage diving and crowdsurfing rock :cool: but we don't get many opportunities to do 'em. The place that has become our 'regular' venue has a stage that is about about two inches off the floor :loco:

but there has to be other venues even in Brooklyn, no?
Brooklyn has a couple of good venues. NorthSix in Williamsburgh is one. Many a death metal shows have been here. Really easy to get to from the city and the area is a hell of a lot more pleasant than Bayridge, where Lamours is. http://www.northsix.com

Another is South Paw, which is a good venue but is mostly old school hip-hop and some rock. I am going to see Slick Rick here tomorrow actually :) ... http://www.spsounds.com

These are the best replacements for Lamours I can think of.

Queens has no good places at all, Bronx and SI ditto.

Manhattan has a lot of venues but must be expensive as fuck for most of these bands.

lurch70 said:
Brooklyn has a couple of good venues. NorthSix in Williamsburgh is one. Many a death metal shows have been here. Really easy to get to from the city and the area is a hell of a lot more pleasant than Bayridge, where Lamours is. http://www.northsix.com
That's where Enslaved played. I hear it is a much nicer part of the city, especially where Bayridge could be one of the worst areas I've ever seen. What a slum! Imagine all the bands from Europe thinking that L'Amours is as good as it gets in NY. :tickled:

I know BB Kings must be more expensive, but I don't mind paying extra to get into a better venue and location. And every BB Kings show I've been to, it's been sold out.

Just got an e-mail from Metal Blade - the Cannibal Corpse concert in NYC has been moved from L'Amours to The Cricket Club in Irvington, NJ.

From one shit hole to another. :D

if i were more confident about my writing/review skills i'd offer my services to you guys to help clear up some of your piles, but alas... i think i suck:ill:

JayKeeley said:
What's worse:

(a) Mosh pits
(b) Sea of people, standing like statues, staring at the band with blank faces

It's amazing how often I see (b) here in the US. I don't get it at all. No applause between songs, no showing of the horns \m/ , no singing along, no drinking and being merry. And these are all 20 year olds without a care in the world. I mean, why bother even going? When did metal shows become a library-held lecture?

Come Down to the 930 club in D.C. Aside from the occasional Nazi's creating "pits" for the hell of it, the crowds sound like they have more life in them. Im sure BWD can attest to that.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Come Down to the 930 club in D.C. Aside from the occasional Nazi's creating "pits" for the hell of it, the crowds sound like they have more life in them. Im sure BWD can attest to that.
Heh, will do. I wonder if it is a geographic thing though. Went to ProgPower III a couple of years back in Atlanta, and I'd say 80% of the venue remained seated throughout each band. I think they were expecting Disney on Ice or something like that. A fat woman seated in front of us actually played her Gameboy throughout the show. $125 per ticket too...

That's where Enslaved played. I hear it is a much nicer part of the city, especially where Bayridge could be one of the worst areas I've ever seen. What a slum! Imagine all the bands from Europe thinking that L'Amours is as good as it gets in NY. :tickled:
Williamsburgh is really happening right now, it has been really for a few years, but I just discovered it. There are like 100 bars and lounges over a 10 block radius.

You have to come to NorthSix one night ...

lurch70 said:
You have to come to NorthSix one night ...
Absolutely. I'm really keen for all us locals to get together one night for a few brews in the city, and I'm trying to tie it in with an Exit to Eternity show. They often play in Brooklyn or Staten Island. They played on Feb 13th, but that was the Agalloch weekend for me in Boston...

Next time I'll hook us up - you've gotta see Exit to Eternity. Honestly, it's like seeing the young hybrid offspring of Slayer and Sepultura up on stage, and their allegiance of fans are fucking manic. The Brooklyn scene is picking up - you gotta check out Damon Morder too.

On a lighter note, are you coming to Opeth next week by the way? :)

On a lighter note, are you coming to Opeth next week by the way? :)
Hmm .. Opeth to me are in the same file cabinet as Nile ... and you know where Nile is :)

I am ging to see Slick Rick tonight (flame suit on)

And after that probably nothing until Morbid Angel and Suffocation in April.

But would love to get together with everyone for one of those Exit to Eternity shows. Let me know, I am down !!!

Actually ... just checked ETE site .. they are playing next Saturday, the 28th at THE RED ZONE ... which is like 5 minutes from my house in Queens.

Real shitty club, but it is quick drive to Williamsburgh from there (10 minutes) .. so if you guys are down to do a RC beer drinking outing let me know!!!! (i know a place in Williamsburgh that has about 100 types of beer and fermented wine :) )

lurch70 said:
Actually ... just checked ETE site .. they are playing next Saturday, the 28th at THE RED ZONE ... which is like 5 minutes from my house in Queens.
Woah, that's cool. It's the night after Opeth so it might be tough, but still, it's an idea worth planning for.