Eruption--so close yet so far!

Mr. Hyde

Guitar, Bass
Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
I picked up the Electric and a hacked up version of Eruption came out! I put it in MM's locker if you guys want to hear it.

(Hope you don't mind that I posted that MM)

Ok..so be honest. How many takes was that? ;)

Good to see you pick up the guitar again. I never learned to play this...surprisingly..so i don't really know how tough it is. You got most of the technical parts right I think...its been awhile. :cry:

It's all one take, no punch in's or overdubs. Let's see about the number of tries to get that take....

I picked up the guitar originally to show my wife how incredibly nasty my guitar is sounding. It buzzes like crazy, and in frustration I started messing around with Eruption. So that was the first one. Then I thought that I actually played it better than I had in years so I got out the mic...and set up the recording crap...then I hit the button and I totally forgot that I knew how to play!

In all I think I finally got it recorded after about 4 tries. When I did I wanted to post it because you guys always give great input and all.

I don't know if you heard bad that buzz was, and then at the end did you hear that weird ringing noise? That ringing is my tremelo springs but even if I put tape on them they still make weird noises.
When I get some more money I think I'm going to have to get some new gear.
If we were doing some easier songs I'd offer to record something if it weren't for my crappy sound.