ESP adventures in Hiroshima!

rockmanxpr

High Speed Samurai
Jan 12, 2003
Sunnyvale, CA
Visit site
Sorry, not really SX related well cept for the ESP part of it!
I was walking around the shopping district of the city and came across 2 guitar shops, one was a general one, had a descent selection. But the other one was I believe an acutual ESP shop, about 90% of the guitars there were ESP's. So I go in, look around as some of the baseline models which are very nice, but in the corner of my eye I see a separate office. I take a peek and low and behold it's a custom shop so naturally I do this
:OMG:
Unfortunetly my japanese isn't up to par as it used to be so I couldn't get any info on customs, but I will go back with my translator and get the scoop. I hope they can setup my Ibanez while I am here...

OK Weekend #2 in Hiroshima! Went back to the ESP store here to play around with the guitars, most need some major setting up, action is way too high, but played some Edwards models, an MKII, and a cheapass Grassroots 7 stringer. I asked about their custom shop, and I guess I was wrong about them being one. They have all the wood, shape, neck, and other excessories for you to pick from and they send the order to the Tokyo shop, but you already know what it's gonna be by seeing all the options available to you. After that I picked up some of the ESP documents like the Catalogs (a must to get since it's free), an actual order form, and the ESP/Muscians Institute guitar craftsman catalog and in this they had pics and descriptions of the people there making the guitars, classes, and the musicians who play ESP and so they FINALLY acknowledge Mike Romeo and show a pic of him playing for their seminar, lots of other metal acts like Sinergy are showcased too. Now if I can get my Japanese much better, I think I'd like to work at ESP!