Etherium - I need some goddamn feedback

Heliotropic_Rose

in the soil beneath
Nov 17, 2004
Austin, Texas
i've posted songs in the "your music" thing and recieved no feedback. I think Katatonia fans are some of the most open minded, avid music listeners, and i've been haunting these forums since the early 2000's, I just need to know if my music is worth a shit or what.

everything is done by my brother and myself, drums are all keyboards input manually

www.myspace.com/SpaceEtherium

and www.reverbnation.com/Etherium

at least listen to "Aphelion" first on myspace, then "Corridors" on reverbnation, and if you have time these 2 songs on myspace "Figures in the Wind" and "the hands of my muse pt 3."

i would pay any one of you badass drummers on this forum to fly down and record an album- plane ticket and all; we have a total of 16 songs, about 5 instrumentals, not all of them are worked out yet, but close enough to record rhythm sections and try and make an album goddamnit......frustrated, but hopeful

I enjoyed the songs, you have created some beautiful music. Aphelion bought memories of listening to Anathema to me, so that was good work on your part. I'm not a musician in any way, but I do think the vocals could be better - they aren't terrible though.

I enjoyed the songs, you have created some beautiful music. Aphelion bought memories of listening to Anathema to me, so that was good work on your part. I'm not a musician in any way, but I do think the vocals could be better - they aren't terrible though.

thanks, it would be ideal to have another vocalist, i'd prefer not to to be the "lead singer" but after years of not finding anyone i had to take the helm.

that's cool you thought it was Anathema like, ironic really since I don't like Anathema all that much

Very mellow stuff. Not too bad at all.

Out of curiosity, where did you get the name Etherium? Up until recently I've been using that name for my own project, though I recently changed it to Aetherium for some reason.

Etherium:

Aetherium

An amusing coincidence perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
save up some money and get a decent recording its not bad at all, keep at it :) also work on pronunciation, i hate it when people sing in english but i have no idea what they saying? nevermind though, good stuff

Keys are good and atmospheric, nice melodies there, recording needs improvement, you would need another singer who can come up with more interesting vocal melodies and lines and the drums need to be re-written by a drummer I guess, they are not good at all.