Europe reactions

Sebastos

New Metal Member
Jan 6, 2007
Belgium
Hi, I saw you guys here in Belgium yesterday, thats was one great performance with a killer setlist for such a shamefull short amount of time. It felt like you guys really had to rush to finish the 5 songs in 30 minutes but nevertheless, that was the best live music I have ever heard in 30 minutes :worship:

Although there were almost no people who knew you, you have got a lot of postive reactions from the crowd. I wanna thank you guys for coming to Belgium and especially Bart, whom I had a great talk to that evening (if you don't remember me I was the young small dude in front who seemed to be the only one headbanging, it felt like I was having a private show :lol: )
I also want to thank Yanic for giving me some tips to improve my double bass speed, much appreciated!
...and of course the rest of the band for visiting Belgium and to play one killer set

I do hope you guys will negotiate with the managers of Graspop so you can play again this year in Belgium :kickass:
...that would be a great way to become more known in Europe !

greetings

Thank you for this post !
It's a good idea.

Bart, you can come in France with Quo Vadis when you want !
Metalheads are progressively begining to know you.

Others reaction I've seen on the net :

"you guys And kataklysm We're Fucking awesome in belgium ;)
thx for playing ON THE SHORES OF ITHAKA ;)"

"You guys did a great job in Belgium today!
to bad there weren't a lot of people when you guys played, you deserved more crowd than neaera! (fucking emo-haircuts everywhere)
keep up the good work and don't forget to come back to Belgium!! "

I'd like to watch it =[

hey, what's the QV setlist for the european tour?

here in Belgium it was:
Silence Calls The Storm
Point Of No Return: Mute Requiem
Legions Of The Betrayed
On The Shores Of Ithaka
Dead Man's Diary

in Holland they played:
Silence Calls The Storm
Let It Burn
Break The Cycle
Dead Man's Diary
and another one

Holland:
DSC00834.jpg

DSC00839.jpg

Hey man, ofcourse I remember you, last night in Hannover was amazing 520 people, the crowd was great and we even had requests for an encore which is pretty special for an opening band. Great photos, keep spreading the word and greeting from Flensburg tonight!
-b

Hey. Just back from that Concert in Essen, Germany. It was a shame that QV had to open. But great Gig.

And it was nice to talk to Bart at the Merchandise Desk. Great guy , Great Band !

If anyone takes any picture from any of the shows, please post them!!!!

I'll even put some up on the QV myspace for everyone's viewing pleasure :)

Sebastos, I hope you don't mind me using those pictures :)

another reaction from a german guy at Hannover (seen on Kataklysm website forum) :

"First i must say i just came for Kataklysm, Quo vadis was ok !
*EDIT : This bass-player from Quo vadis was GOD itself, fretless bass, no plectrum and fast as hell, i watched him the hole show*!, Neaera and Fear my thoughts, dont wanna be that negative to newcomer-bands, but i can't listen to Metalcore."

One thing for me :
Forest :headbang:

In Holland :

In Hannover :

Only Yanic is lacking (only a part of him is on the fifth photo)
Maybe he tries to play hide and seek with us, behind his drums :heh:

EDIT : For Manini, some photos were protected against right mouse clic. As a consequence, I've done a screenshot of it.
But I've added the name of the photographer on the left at the bottom.

For the people who are gonna see them. If you want to buy other stuff than they got hanging on their merch.stand, you just need to ask, they only show the t-shirts on the wall, they also have a suitcase full of other clothes, longsleeves, sweaters.... (thats how I got my forever longsleeve)

And so, the time to devastate Denmark had come. Something I and a couple of mates had been looking forward to with great anticipation and excitement.

Alas, time restrictions forced you guys to play a short set, something profoundly heretical in nature seeing that the splendour and uncanny genius that is the trademark of Quo Vadis' music deserve so much better.
However, in the short time you did play, you guys unleashed volumes of raw energy and technical finesse which set the venue on fire - quite literally!!
(I heard whisperings among the fire fighters that it was the friction heat from Yanick's bass drum pedals that was the culprit)

Thanks for the nice conversations at the merchandise stand, the free beer, and for being such great and welcoming fellows!

Next time - and there will be a next time *shakes fist in an intimidating manner* - you guys come to Denmark be sure to book a large venue and you better drag your arses to Wacken Open Air in an imminent future as well. The is a huge potential for a large fan base here in northern Europe which produces and appreciates technical melo-death to such a large extend.:headbang:

Cheers and best wishes!

As you see above, the geniuses of Quo Vadis made their, in every respect, blazing entry into the capital of Denmark.

The concert: The vigorous performance was outstanding!
In spite of the fact that the disappointingly little audience was both stolid and, apparently, afraid of the stage (except a few, probably including "@rch @ngel"), the engagement and energy on stage (and Paré's periodical off stage too) is in every aspect exemplary. The competences of these fabulously technical skilled and extremely tight musicians did not need more than a few minutes to be cemented; half of "Silence Calls the Storm" to be exact. I was sold!

Cannot stop listening at neither "Defiant Imagination" nor "Day Into Night". The two inscribed (by Frydrychowicz) copies have become some of my most cherished possessions! I intensely hope to see your guys live again! If not in Denmark, then in southern Norway or Sweden...

Good luck on road as well as in studio (hopefully soon)!
Keep up the brilliant work!

16.01. 2007.

Zagreb, Croatia...

As i expected...

KILLING...

There where 20 people in first row, others just standig aside... :D
Kataklysm was bend of the evning, but if QV had at least an hour to play...:worship:

Setlist.

Absolution
Mute
Silence Calls The Storm
Legions Of The Betrayed
On The Shores

what a blast...:worship:
And bart was selling t shirts... He is cute with his glasses on :D

Oi laddie, nice photos - especially of the infamous "Bart the Strangulator". :)
Do not feed him after midnight - fluids only - or he will turn like this!

Better make the best of it while outside Canadian juristiction. You can always make for an exiting get away in Kataklysm's tour bus ;)