European tour

Surprised to hear DT hasn't really cracked the UK... there seems to be a ton of DT fans wherever I go and you guys had huge support at Bloodstock last year. A shame you couldn't manage at least one UK date in London, maybe at Camden Underground or something, I'm sure it'd sell at least as well as Dream Evil or other bands who have been there. Glad I got to see you guys during Bloodstock and the Eastpak tour last year (despite having to sit through Sonic Syndicate and Caliban).

Surprised to hear DT hasn't really cracked the UK... there seems to be a ton of DT fans wherever I go and you guys had huge support at Bloodstock last year. A shame you couldn't manage at least one UK date in London, maybe at Camden Underground or something, I'm sure it'd sell at least as well as Dream Evil or other bands who have been there. Glad I got to see you guys during Bloodstock and the Eastpak tour last year (despite having to sit through Sonic Syndicate and Caliban).

I had the same view about Sonic Syndicate, DT were on before caliban in london. :)

I left after DT, I travelled for around 4 hours each way to that gig, just for 40 minutes of music :heh:

I missed Bloodstock last year, I was on holiday in the US, unfortunately Bloodstock is around an 8-hour journey each way from here, so even that's not easy. :p

I had the same view about Sonic Syndicate, DT were on before caliban in london. :)

I left after DT, I travelled for around 4 hours each way to that gig, just for 40 minutes of music :heh:

I missed Bloodstock last year, I was on holiday in the US, unfortunately Bloodstock is around an 8-hour journey each way from here, so even that's not easy. :p

DT on before fucking Caliban? :rolleyes: did they get the same length set? because I'm sure on the show I went to Caliban and SS got shorter sets than DT. Soilwork were good, I thought, for what they played. They've taken the same route as In Flames and now play mostly newer shit, which I like far less, but I did get to hear Bastard Chain and Chainheart Machine, at least, plus a few off the amazing NBC album. DT's set was fantastic, but I like their stuff from Skydancer - Fiction(with the exception of about half of Haven) so whatever set they pick is fine for me.

Shame you missed Bloodstock, it was awesome last year. In Flames, DT and Arch Enemy all in one festival with decent sets ! Bloodstock looks amazing this year, too, and I plan to attend it :D

DT on before fucking Caliban? :rolleyes: did they get the same length set? because I'm sure on the show I went to Caliban and SS got shorter sets than DT. Soilwork were good, I thought, for what they played. They've taken the same route as In Flames and now play mostly newer shit, which I like far less, but I did get to hear Bastard Chain and Chainheart Machine, at least, plus a few off the amazing NBC album. DT's set was fantastic, but I like their stuff from Skydancer - Fiction(with the exception of about half of Haven) so whatever set they pick is fine for me.

Shame you missed Bloodstock, it was awesome last year. In Flames, DT and Arch Enemy all in one festival with decent sets ! Bloodstock looks amazing this year, too, and I plan to attend it :D

Yeah, it's ridiculous I missed, I was quite literally halfway around the world mind :p.

I dont know how long DT got in comparison to Caliban, like I say, I walked right out after the DT set, went round the back and met a few of them.

SS only played about 4 songs or so, so obviously DT got more, about 40-45mins i think DT got, but I really hope no one else got more.

I don't like the other bands that played, Soilwork and SS and Caliban really aren't my thing, I've seen Soilwork before, thought they were awful live, it was enough to make me not see them again.:heh:

Soilwork are OK live, they play the stuff off their albums fairly flawlessly. They just have no real live presence - Speed is a reallly boring frontman(or at least, he was on this occasion), despite performing well, and many of them just looked bored throughout the set. The beginning of Chainheart Machine is absolutely brutal, though o_O

Soilwork are OK live, they play the stuff off their albums fairly flawlessly. They just have no real live presence - Speed is a reallly boring frontman(or at least, he was on this occasion), despite performing well, and many of them just looked bored throughout the set. The beginning of Chainheart Machine is absolutely brutal, though o_O

Yeah I saw them at Wacken in 2006. Tbh, I think they were pretty bored, only the diehard fans at the front seemed to be having much fun. They had no real stage presence, and when they tried to look cool they looked typically 'emo' the way they swung their guitars and stamped about on stage and headbanged, it was just a bit lame for a metal festival, so i went and watched opeth after, and even they were slagging off soilwork, after soilwork said how great opeth are :p hehehehehehehh

DT should have headlined that tour, with Soilwork, Caliban and SS below them, without a doubt. It's a crime that Soilwork headlined that tour, to be honest, but I suppose that's what you get when you make your sound more media-friendly.

Honestly, I don't even remember. All I remember is how great the beginning of Chainheart Machine sounded.

I tried uploading the videos to youtube, but youtube cut them short to only the first 2 seconds. I'll try out some other hosting site and get back to you guys

Saw them today in Dordrecht (Netherlands). Easily one of the best gigs I've been to.
Awesome choice of songs. Didn't expect to hear "Edenspring" and "The Mundane and the Magic" live :D