ever tried Qdoba?

chupe666

You may enter up to 25 ch
Apr 11, 2002
Where you live
www.chupetunes.com
a new Qdoba opened up here- it's a mexican chain restaurant that looks pretty similar to Chipotle, with big burritos and stuff. probably the closest thing i will be able to get to an authentic "chicago burrito joint" burrito.
just wondering if they're any good. i looked at the site (www.qdoba.com) and it sounds good. they even have a nutritional calculator.

anyway, there's only one in the state of missouri, and it's like 10 minutes from my gf's house. they're owned by jack in the box, so since jack in the box is pretty huge here they're probably testing the market before they add more.

so nobody's been to one?

tried it friday night and it was kinda blah. they have it set up like subway, where you tell them almost each thing you want on it (rice, pinto/black beans, sour cream, cheese, lettuce). but it had too much rice (which had no flavor- it wasn't spanish rice, just white rice with a little seasoning) and the tortilla was too soft/raw. i'm used to the burrito being grilled a bit after it's put together. also: over $5.50 a burrito for less actual burrito than you'd get for $3.50 in a chicago joint.

thumbs down. but that doesn't mean i won't be going back, as it's close by and i'm convinced i can have them make the burrito i want with some proper guidance. i should probably just make them myself at home, but i can't seem to find the tortillas big enough.

Chipotle is owned by McDonalds

I'm glad that I never have to eat at any of those chain monstrosities cuz there's just way too much good food out here to choose from

yeah, chicago is filled with great indie food places. st. louis has some decent places, but not many in the small-time inexpensive food range. i will attempt to make them create a suitable burrito for me, though.