Ever wonder what a promoter worries about the month before the fest?

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
My checklist for the next month:

1. Laminate gold badges & VIP badges by hand
2. Print guest list
3. Confirm all band flight arrival times
4. Reserve airport to hotel transportation
5. Confirm hotel for band and crew
6. Order table/chairs for vendors
7. Proof program and cd layout with Deron
8. Confirm catering menu & stock for private bar
9. Email gold badge holders
10. Email sponsors
11. Email band with final instuctions/itinerary
12. Confirm backline including special items & delievery with crew
13. Confirm studio rehearsal & backline for Evergrey
14. Confirm String Quartet rehearsal and soundcheck hours
15. Complete band packages for check-in including badges/shirts
16. Confirm misc crew gear
17. Confirm backstage necessities
18. Reserve van for shirt/gear transport to Atlanta
19. Confirm final dvd/recording options for bands
20. Collect money owed from vendors
21. Prepare final payments for bands/crew
22. Organize and carry relevant paperwork: contracts, receipts, etc.
23. Confirm press credentials and print badges
24. Confirm hotel to venue shuttle including Evergrey studio rehearsal
25. Confirm individual band merchandise splits with venue/vendors

And that's just the top 25....

cheers,

Glenn

Interesting! Sorry up front if this has already been answered, but where is the string quartet from? Did they previously know of evergrey?

What a rush it'll be for a strings player to get out of the orchestra concert hall and into a metal show!

Oh ya, I love how laminating our badges is #1, lol. I feel loved!

trentdk said:
Interesting! Sorry up front if this has already been answered, but where is the string quartet from? Did they previously know of evergrey?

What a rush it'll be for a strings player to get out of the orchestra concert hall and into a metal show!

Oh ya, I love how laminating our badges is #1, lol. I feel loved!
It's players from the Atlanta Orchestra -yes?

Oh. Is that all you worry about? Sounds like you're ready to just sit back, relax & enjoy the show .... :)

trentdk said:

They are from Atlanta and knew nothing about metal (the closest is some of them playing with The Moody Blues), much less Evergrey. I sent them the "Night to Remember" dvd to show what I wanted and they got back to me in less than 24 hrs jumping at the chance to do it.

nailz said:
With the new Airline scare, I hope there are no headaches reguarding that.

As long as Mattias leaves the guitar dildo at home, we should be fine. I'll have Mike pick him up a few here in town. I'm sure he knows where to get the best deal.

Harvester said:
As long as Mattias leaves the guitar dildo at home, we should be fine. I'll have Mike pick him up a few here in town. I'm sure he knows where to get the best deal.

He's very picky about them, I belive the brand that he prefers is called a Lady Finger.....Why I remember this, I have NO idea....... :lol:

J-Dubya

J-Dubya 777 said:
He's very picky about them, I belive the brand that he prefers is called a Lady Finger.....Why I remember this, I have NO idea....... :lol:

J-Dubya
Liar.

That's a list that rivals anything I've done at work lately. Good luck!

Harvester said:

I'm certain I have no idea what you are talking about... but I'll get ya a good deal on 'em. ;)

--Mike

WOW!!!! quite a list, and all we have to do is confirm flights and hotels for ourselves, and get our asses to the airport in time for the flight and then from the airport to the hotel.

Glenn, can i make a request??? Oh well i am anyway, will you have the shuttle pick me up at the airport on Thursday Sept 14. My flight arrives at 11:36 am it is Delta flight 1837 from El Paso, Just kidding, hehehehehehe, i am meeting a bunch of people at the airport and we are taking MARTA.

Good Luck with all you have to do, if you need help, get Deron to help hehehehe.

John

Pyramaze51 said:
WOW!!!! quite a list, and all we have to do is confirm flights and hotels for ourselves, and get our asses to the airport in time for the flight and then from the airport to the hotel.

Glenn, can i make a request??? Oh well i am anyway, will you have the shuttle pick me up at the airport on Thursday Sept 14. My flight arrives at 11:36 am it is Delta flight 1837 from El Paso, Just kidding, hehehehehehe, i am meeting a bunch of people at the airport and we are taking MARTA.

Good Luck with all you have to do, if you need help, get Deron to help hehehehe.

John

Mind if I meet up with your group? I'm getting there a good 2 hours or so before you.