EverEve

jimbobhickville

Tyrant in Distress
Has anyone else heard EverEve?

I discovered them a while back. In 1998 they released an amazing album called "Stormbirds". It is goth metal with some touches of black metal. Considering I normally don't like those genres, the fact that I put it as the best for the year should speak volumes for the quality of the album. They have other albums, "Seasons" is pretty good as is "Regret", but not nearly as good as "Stormbirds". Their new one "E-Mania" kind of sucks; they're changing their style to some kind of techno/metal hybrid. Bleh!!

Anyway, the point of my post is to find out if others think as highly of this album as I do, to recommend it to those who haven't heard it, and to find out if anyone knows of any comparable-quality albums in the same style. I imagine people will recommend Opeth; I've listened to some of their stuff. Great music, but I couldn't take the vocals. I'll give them another shot, though, and see if they grow on me.

Any others?

Yeah you right the album is great .
THe vocals are excelent, black and clean.
The music is cool and very original.
My favourite song is valse bizarre it's fucking great.
It' s a very good and balanced album. All songs are good, but some are outstanding. Everyone should give it a try.
Other quality albums are Borknagar quintessence, Novembre classica, anything by Katatonia and of course the migthy OPETH!!!!!!!!!!!! and all their fucking albums, it's nothing strange that you don't like the harsh vocals in the beginning but after a few listens you'll love them. I bet.

Thanks for the recommendations. I have heard Borknagar and didn't really like them. I'll give Opeth another try, which CD is the easiest to take (vocally)? I've never heard of Novembre, either, I'll look into them. I like Katatonia's Last Fair Deal Gone Down, but I don't really think it is in the same style. I have yet to listen to their other CDs.

Stormbirds was really damn good wasn't it. Have never been able to find another of their albums but i think i will avoid the new one if its changed direction.

Heavenwood's Swallow is a good album as are all the Katatonia albums, Anathemas last few , Tiamat and this list could go on and on! As for Opeths albums none are free of harsh singing but the last 2 i find more melodic overall.

I listened to Anathema's Eternity album and didn't really like it. I found it to be very boring. Haven't heard of Heavenwood; I'll check them out. Evereve's first album, Seasons, is good, just not as brilliant as Stormbirds. Regret is pretty good, but they had begun changing their style already. E-Mania sucks, IMO.

I listened to the Novembre Classica; it's pretty good, the vocals aren't as bad as most growling vocals. I'll give it another listen and see if it sticks. I tried Opeth again, but I'm having a hard time with the vocals, as usual. Musically, it is amazing, though.