In Memoriam Tom Sedotschenko

the_joy_of_grief

weak light
Jan 23, 2002
Paramaribo
www.escapetheday.tk
This is a message to the memory of Tom Sedotschenko who committed suicide on May 1st 1999. He was the singer of a German Gothic metal band called "EverEve" and appears on their first two albums "Seasons" and "Stormbirds". He was never the mastermind of the band and actually got kicked out a few months before he ended his life, but still, he deserves to be remembered.

Do yourself a favour and check out these two albums (they're both out of print, by the way)! This is Hall Of Fame material! Toms voice is totally unique and Michael Zeissls synthesizer work is just extraordinary. "Stormbirds" is one of my alltime favourite albums, it's inexplicably beautiful, a classic! :worship:

EverEve have released another two albums that are more electronic-based. Not as great as the earlier stuff, I think, but still worth checking out...

www.everevil.de (half the "Seasons" album is up for download here).

Feel free to comment, ask questions or whatever :)

R.I.P. Tom Sedotschenko (1970-1999)

I will have a silent Minuit for him, great voice and lyrics. Evereve just isn`t the same without him. I hope he is more happy in afterlife then he was in this cold world....

Masks concealed the real mourning

I shall taste the golden wine, carried away forever, forever more...

Stormbirds and Seasons are really two great albums of a once really good band. What came after these two albums was,like you said joy of grief, not the same. I think the whole electronic,sorry,crap kind of destroyed their style and atmosphere. Talking of the albums. Has someone regognized how scaryingtt the beginning of the song "Martyrium" from "Stormbirds" is. I always get shivers when i listen to it,the whole song is great like the album and Tom's voice.

It's a pity that all great things must pass away!

Well, I'm glad you guys agree with me. :)

@falling_bird: I personally think that EverEve's cyber goth stuff is still a lot better and more pleasant to listen to than most other stuff in that genre. Take Zeromancer :puke: or the last two releases by Theatre Of Tragedy. I mean, for me it's OK, music-wise, but the lyrics are soooo fucking stupid. Ever Eve's lyrics still have depth and meaning behind them. Darkseed are OK, but the "Diving into Darkness" album gets boring really fast, I think. Well, and there are lots of mediocre bands, like Century, for example. Of course, if you don't like electro goth stuff you won't like EverEve either way. But still, I understand that the band wanted to move on and try something different, even though I was sceptical myself at first...

By the way, Tom was interested in becoming the new singer in WEISSGLUT, after they had ditched their old vocalist. I just checked out the 2000 album "Zeichen", so I'd think that was the stuff they were rehearsing at the time they were in touch with Tom. This is also some kind of rock/metal with electronic influences. If Tom had gotten the job and wouldn't have committed suicide he'd probably be making music today that would sound a lot like the new EverEve.:D

Anyway, just some stuff that I couldn't keep for myself:rolleyes:

"I see my breath, it's cold and clear
My eyes show emptiness, not fear..."
(EverEve, "Salvation")

everything changed after tom's death and i dont believe that tom will be making some kind of music that the new evereve has if he was alive. he is a dark man and will keep on making these kind of music. can the moon shine like the sun? give bright lights?

searching for answers, my mind's a deceit
with myself turn to fragments, my life means defeat

may tom rest in peace